What is Bilt?
Bilt Rewards is the first-ever rewards program that allows renters to earn points on rent and builds a path towards homeownership. With an alliance of the nation’s largest real estate owners, Bilt Rewards will enable renters in more than two million units across the country to earn points just by paying rent.
Bilt Rewards boasts one of the highest value rewards programs on the market today, including one-to-one point transfers for travel across over 100 major airlines and hotel partners; fitness classes at the country’s top boutique studios; limited-edition and exclusive collections of art and home decor through the Bilt Collection, and the ability to use points for rent credits or towards a future downpayment.
Bilt has also partnered with Mastercard to create the Bilt Mastercard - the first and only credit card that can be used to pay rent with no fees. In October 2022, Bilt announced a valuation of $1.5 billion following a $150 million growth round to advance our loyalty program and credit card for renters.
What’s the role?
We are looking for an experienced data professional to join a renowned team that is transforming the future of renting. As a Data Engineer you will:
- Design and manage data pipelines from several sources into a centralized data warehouse
- Oversee all aspects of the data lifecycle including quality checks, ingestion and data modeling
- Catalog and maintain data definitions and metadata for all assets managed in the warehouse
- Assist in governance of data to stakeholders throughout the company
In this role you will:
- Develop data pipelines using tools like BigQuery, DBT, AirFlow, Spark, Beam and more
- Own all aspects of data QA, ensuring accurate and fresh data is available to all stakeholders
- Orchestrate and manage all aspects of the data warehouse and its assets
- Collaborate with engineers, product managers, and data scientists to understand data needs, and deliver meaningful insights
Additional responsibilities may include:
- Support BI and analytics use cases requiring advanced tools or a deep knowledge of our data
- Input on the organization, usage, and sharing of data both internally and externally
- Ad Hoc data requests for business team members
In terms of qualifications, we’re seeking:
- 3+ years of experience as a Data Engineer and/or Data Scientist
- Applied ML experience is a plus
- Deep knowledge of ETL best practices and frameworks, data warehouse management, and data governance principles
- Experience with Spark and/or Dataflow is a plus
- Experience with Google Cloud Platform (GCP) or comparable cloud technologies
- Google Cloud Storage
- Kubernetes + Compute Engines
- Experience designing and implementing sophisticated data models to support BI and advanced analytics
- Experience with Looker is a plus
- Expert SQL and Python proficiency
- Experience with a JVM language is a plus
- Strong communication skills, attention to detail, and ability to manage deadlines
Annual base salary range is $110,000 - 200,000 + bonus + benefits (medical, dental, vision) + 401K match + Equity. Ultimately, when building each comp package we consider job skills, experience and location.