Technical Product Manager
What is Bilt?
Bilt Rewards is the first-ever rewards program that allows renters to earn points on rent and builds a path towards homeownership. With an alliance of the nation’s largest real estate owners, Bilt Rewards will enable renters in more than two million units across the country to earn points just by paying rent.
Launched in June 2021, Bilt Rewards boasts one of the highest value rewards programs on the market today, including one-to-one point transfers for travel across over 100 major airlines and hotel partners; fitness classes at the country’s top boutique studios; limited-edition and exclusive collections of art and home decor through the Bilt Collection, and the ability to use points for rent credits or towards a future downpayment.
Bilt has also partnered with Mastercard to create the Bilt Mastercard - the first and only credit card that can be used to pay rent with no fees. In October 2022, Bilt announced a valuation of $1.5 billion following a $150 million growth round to advance our loyalty program and credit card for renters.
What’s the role?
As a Product team member at Bilt, you’ll be instrumental in shaping what products we build and how our users interact with them. You’ll be reporting to our Head of Product, and will take ownership of the development of software that drives our business. You’ll also be at the forefront of a team that’s breaking new ground in the rental industry and increasing access to homeownership for our generation.
In this role you will:
- Create technical requirements to convey your ideas and communicate your solutions to the Engineering team and beyond
- Work with engineering to break down requirements into tasks, estimate effort, and plan sprints
- Be a thought partner to both Product and Engineering teams, balancing product requirements with engineering scope
- Collaborate with external partners to achieve effective and scalable technical integrations
- Maintain the engineering backlog and prioritize work based on impact
- Become an expert of our tech stack and own the documentation of it
- Supervise and measure launched products and feed insights back into the product development process
- Identify and define future opportunities that leverage our technology and data
Who you are:
You’ve got great instincts for how to build software efficiently, scalably, and reliably. You have the ability to make high-level system architecture decisions, but are also able to dive into the nitty-gritty to effectively define and scope individual engineering tasks. You’re a great technical writer, because you know that any ambiguity in the way you communicate can impede development. You can work fast and loose if needed—but you also understand when process and structure are necessary, and you’ve got ideas about how to implement them.
In terms of qualifications, we’re seeking:
- 2+ years of experience as a Technical Product Manager or 3+ years as a Software Engineer
- Background in computer science
- Technical ability to advise and evaluate engineering decisions
- Experience in a startup environment preferred
- A history of delivering highly successful and innovative products with your fingerprints all over them
Annual base salary range is $125,000 - 225,000 + bonus + benefits (medical, dental, vision) + 401K match + Equity. Ultimately, when building each comp package we consider job skills, experience and location.