QA Automation Engineer
QA Automation Engineer
Reporting to: Lead Automation Engineer
Location: New York, NY
What is Bilt?
Bilt Rewards is the first program for consumers to earn rewards on rent and daily neighborhood spend while creating a path towards home ownership.
With an alliance of the nation’s largest real estate owners, Bilt Rewards enables renters in more than three million units across the country to earn points just by paying rent.
Bilt Rewards boasts one of the highest value rewards programs on the market today, including one-to-one point transfers to twelve loyalty programs allowing members to travel across more than 100 major airlines and hotel partners; fitness classes at the country’s top boutique studios; limited-edition and exclusive collections of art and home decor through the Bilt Collection, and the ability to use points for rent credits or towards a future downpayment.
Bilt has also partnered with Mastercard to create the Bilt Mastercard - the first and only credit card that can be used to pay rent with no fees.
What’s the role?
At Bilt, we’re looking for a QA Automation Engineer, where you'll work collaboratively with our Engineering, Product, and Data teams. Your role will be instrumental in ensuring that our systems continue to operate at incredibly high standards.
You'll be responsible for developing automation frameworks and customizing automation environments to meet recurring testing requirements. Your expertise will shine as you design, validate, and implement highly efficient test automation solutions via integration testing, performance testing, and implemented regression suites.
If this opportunity aligns with you, please apply!
In this role, you will…
- Develop and execute automated integration and contract test suites for our various microservices
- Conduct performance tests across our service ensuring that our systems handle certain load (we experience high load on certain days of the month)
- Own the software QA process, including: developing, implementing, and maintaining test plans, test scenarios, and test cases
- Recommend test automation approach, tools, and frameworks
- Assist developers in finding and reporting defects with detailed, accurate, and concise steps to reproduce, and recommend system enhancements
- Troubleshoot and debug issues with test automation scripts
- Collaborate with development and testing teams to identify and prioritize automation opportunities
- Stay up-to-date with new testing methodologies, tools, and technologies
- Setup integrations into our CI CD pipeline
In terms of qualifications, we’re seeking:
- At least 3 years of experience in software automation testing
- Experience in building an automation framework from scratch
- Experience in data-driven testing
- Hands-on experience with automated testing tools like rest assured, wiremock, jmeter, apigee, pact or anything similar
- Compensation - We offer a competitive salary with a meaningful stake in the company via equity and our performance bonus program
- Health insurance for you (& your loved ones) from day one - Enjoy a One Medical Membership, wellness stipends, family programs and more, on us. We’ve got you and your family covered from day one.
- 401k plan with a match - Retirement may feel more like a pipe dream than a reality but we’re here to help you get there.
- Commuter FSAs - We believe the best ideas come from being together in one place. We just don’t think getting there should be so expensive.
- UNLIMITED PTO - Because we believe that working hard shouldn’t mean always working. Take time for you as often as you need it.
- Exclusive Employee only Bilt Points - We give our employees unique opportunities to earn points throughout their time at Bilt.
- Team Events - We believe in human connection so we hold events to help our employees break from the monotony of the typical work week.
At Bilt Rewards, we believe in transparency and we do our best to make sure the company and our candidates are on the same page as it relates to compensation. In addition to posting salary ranges for our open roles, candidates should expect to be asked about compensation expectations and requirements early on in their interview process. Our goal is to highlight when expectations and Bilt’s salary range may be out of sync, and work with the candidate to determine whether it makes sense to continue conversations.
We are considering candidates with differing levels of expertise for this position. Leveling will be based upon your experience and performance in the interview process.
Where a new hire falls within a range will be based on their individual skills and experience, and how these competencies compare across other employees in the same role. Bilt's bands are designed to allow for individual compensation growth within the role. As such, new hires typically start at the lower end of the range. Bilt rewards performance and outcomes - should you join the company, you will have the opportunity to grow your salary over time.
The salary range for a QA Automation Engineer is $120,000 - 180,000 and will be eligible for equity and an annual performance-based bonus.