Learning and Development trainer, UK
Our mission is to reimagine local commerce to better serve our customers, our neighbourhoods, and our planet. Our long term vision is to empower local businesses with the same technology and tools, making their goods accessible in new neighbourhoods for people to discover and love.
As a L&D Trainer at Blank Street, you will own our retail training curriculum and classroom training materials! You are an empathy-driven, coffee-obsessed person who loves to help develop those around you. Your work will empower our retail teams to develop their skills and will drive improved quality and consistency for product and customer experiences across all Blank Street locations. You must feel confident in working independently while also thriving in a team environment. You will become part of the company's core infrastructure, working closely with retail teams from team members to managers and will drive their competences to execute tasks with the highest standards, passion and precision. The right person for this role is a proven people-person, taking pride in giving amazing service experiences and influencing your trainees to do the same. You thrive for opportunities to serve your community and make a big local impact. You are customer centric and believe in quality products through flawless execution, making every effort to give your customers exactly what they need, every day, in their way. You excel in fast paced environments and enjoy an inclusive, collaborative workplace, where your voice genuinely counts and you can really make a difference.
- Design, develop and deliver Blank Street’s retail programmes
- Maintain an updated LMS curriculum database and training records
- Evaluate training and development programmes
- Facilitate interactive face-to-face onboarding sessions for new hires
- Ensure regular liaison with trainees, giving feedback on progress to the individual, their Manager and HR during onboarding and continued development
- Observe how retail staff interact with customers to identify areas of improvement
- Determine training needs both for individuals and teams and provide 1:1 coaching when required
- Organise ad-hoc training events to drive performance
- Apply various training techniques (e.g. gamification, case studies and group activities)
Requirements and skills
- 2 + years of training experience
- 2 + years experience in retail industry, preferably cafe/restaurant environment
- Availability to travel and visit our retail stores, as needed
- Ability to manage the full training cycle, including conducting in-person activities and using e-learning platforms
- Excellent presentation skills
- Ability to motivate employees to achieve company’s results
- Additional certification in training is a plus
Who You Are
- Love for café culture and people,
- Driven to always learn more and to leave no question unanswered
- Patient and a passionate about growing people
- A nurturing mindset
- Friendly, open and approachable person who works well with others,
- Strong decision-making and multi-tasking skills,
- Strong interpersonal communication skills,
- Passionate about delivering excellent customer connections,
- Able to work at a fast pace in high-volume environments.
- Competitive salary & equity compensation
- A whole lot of Blank Street swag & coffee
Something looks off?