Area Manager | London
About Blank Street
At Blank Street, we believe great coffee should be an everyday ritual. With shops across Brooklyn, Manhattan, Boston, DC, and London, we’re the first-ever brand to offer affordable high-quality coffee.
Blank Street originated in an effort to change the specialty coffee status quo. Starting with small-format shops and continuing with a limited menu and top-of-the-line tech, we’ve always been focused on simplifying the coffee experience. We partner with amazing local vendors and brands, and have some of the best baristas out there on our team. Love coffee and customer service? Keep reading.
Baristas at Blank Street must be able to work independently, while also thriving in a team environment. The right person for this role is a proven people-person, taking pride in giving amazing service experiences. You are customer centric and believe in serving a carefully curated menu with passion and precision, making every effort to give your customers exactly what they need, every day, in their way.
- Magic is in the Details: in everything we do we value attention to detail, going the extra mile & thinking about everything that makes a moment meaningful
- Move as One: We look for inclusive and respectful team members who strive to be the best team player & who over-communicates to ensure understanding
- “My House is your House” Hospitality: We look for individuals who welcome guests into the cafe the same way they would invite in a friend, who are obsessed with presentation, making sure our cafes are always clean and welcoming & who provide stellar service, even when things are busy or stressful
What you'll own
- Help hire and support a cohesive team of Baristas aspiring to be future General Managers
- Ensure our baristas are working towards delivering on our company goals, while maintaining our cultural standards
- Develop meaningful ties with neighbourhood businesses and people to help grow local brand loyalty and goodwill
- Maintain elite operating standards across your locations
- Manage schedules and timeliness of team
- Learn and adhere to our product, service and brand training playbooks
- Ensures all proper measures are in place to achieve the correct handling of product to retain its freshness and quality with both food and beverage
- Implement and maintain systems to avoid wastage of product with both food and beverage, following and adjusting par levels where needed in line with business peaks and lows
- Maintains health standards at all times
- Accurately measure and report end of day KPIs, inventory counts, and incoming/outgoing transfers between commissary supplies and the carts under your management
- Assist the management team in creating and implementing strategies to grow our loyal customer base
- Own the underlying P&L of each individual store under your management. Constantly diagnose areas of improvement and come up with creative solutions to drive better performance.
Who are you
- 3-4 years of experience leading operations in high growth hospitality/consumer brands
- Track record scaling and managing hospitality teams
- Track record managing inventory and supply chain ordering
- Highly effective interpersonal and communication skills
- Hands on and highly action-oriented
- Excellent organisational skills and ability to perform under pressure and time constraints
- Deep knowledge and interest in specialty coffee
- Salary Up to ~ 45k
- Company equity
- A whole lot of Blank Street swag & coffee
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: £38,000.00-£45,000.00 per year
- Weekend availability
Ability to commute/relocate:
- London, Greater London: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- What will you bring to Blank street as a GM?
- United Kingdom