Senior Engineer UK
About Blank Street
At Blank Street, we believe great coffee should be an everyday ritual. With shops across London, Brooklyn, Manhattan, Boston, and DC, we’re the first-ever brand to offer affordable high-quality coffee.
Blank Street originated in an effort to change the specialty coffee status quo. Starting with small-format shops and continuing with a limited menu and top-of-the-line tech, we’ve always been focused on simplifying the coffee experience. We partner with amazing local vendors and brands, and have some of the best baristas and HQ members out there on our team. Love coffee? Keep reading.
As a senior back-end engineer you’ll be at the forefront of building amazing products for our customers and business. You are product-minded and are passionate about creating experiences that will wow the customer. You’re comfortable with working cross functionally and eager to build systems from scratch and solve complex challenges. You’ll be joining a small but mighty team of engineers, designers and product people based in London and New York. At Blank Street, we’re building the most exceptional experience for both customers and our baristas across mobile, in-store, and on web.
- Magic is in the Details: in everything we do we value attention to detail, going the extra mile & thinking about everything that makes a moment meaningful.
- Move as One: We look for inclusive and respectful team members who strive to be the best team player & who over-communicates to ensure understanding.
- “My House is your House” Hospitality: We look for individuals who welcome guests into the cafe the same way they would invite in a friend, who are obsessed with presentation, making sure our cafes are always clean and welcoming & who provide stellar service, even when things are busy or stressful.
What You’ll Own:
- You’ll be one of the core team members working on our technology products - the mobile app, point of sale and internal tools.
- You’ll have a wide scope of critical initiatives to work on, from core product functionality, to growth experiments, to design systems, to launching whole new products like our Regulars program.
- You’ll be working closely with our product and design teams, and have exposure to the company leadership.
- You’ll have a large voice in the product roadmap and strategy, and be expected to contribute your ideas, push back as needed, and advocate for quality engineering.
- You’ll ship features using Node JS, Typescript, AWS and other technologies.
- You’ll help establish and influence our engineering processes, tools, and systems to maximize speed & productivity
- A Bachelor’s degree or above in a relevant field
- Have worked on production consumer apps.
- Experience in NodesJS/Typescript programming framework. Or enthusiasm to learn from the start. We're happy to support your learning curve.
- An entrepreneurial mindset. Ideally you’ll have built your own products in the past.
- Capable of taking on a challenge. No task is beneath you, no task is above you
- Ability to be a cross-disciplinary team member. You’re excited to learn a new skill and are able to communicate with colleagues in completely different disciplines.
- You're a team player. You are implicitly collaborative and energized by teamwork.
- You're passionate about Blank Street and coffee. Loving what you do makes the job even sweeter.
- Competitive salary & equity package
- Private health insurance
- WeWork Access
- Paid time off
- Paid parental leave
- Company social outings and events
- A whole lot of Blank Street swag & coffee