Quality & Safety Manager | UK
About Blank Street
At Blank Street, we believe great coffee should be an everyday ritual. With shops across London, Manchester, Brooklyn, Manhattan, Boston and DC, we’re the first-ever brand to offer affordable high-quality coffee.
Blank Street originated in an effort to change the specialty coffee status quo. Starting with small-format shops and continuing with a limited menu and top-of-the-line tech, we’ve always been focused on simplifying the coffee experience. We partner with amazing local vendors and brands, and have some of the best baristas out there on our team.
Love coffee and customer service? Keep reading.
- Magic is in the Details: in everything we do we value attention to detail, going the extra mile & thinking about everything that makes a moment meaningful
- Move as One: We look for inclusive and respectful team members who strive to be the best team player & who over-communicates to ensure understanding
- “My House is your House” Hospitality: We look for individuals who welcome guests into the cafe the same way they would invite in a friend, who are obsessed with presentation, making sure our cafes are always clean and welcoming & who provide stellar service, even when things are busy or stressful
What you’ll own:
- Development, implementation and maintenance of Food Safety and EHS programs, procedures, and policies to ensure compliance with relevant local, national and wider Regulations.
- Ownership of the Compliance and Brand audit processes and procedures from beginning to end for the UK business and support of the oversea[s] market where required.
- You will conduct regular inspections, audits and risk assessments, and identify potential hazards in the workplace. You will provide recommendations for mitigation measures and continuous improvement.
- You will provide expert advice and guidance to management and employees on Food Safety & EHS matters.
- You will collaborate with cross-functional teams to establish and maintain a safe work environment, fostering a culture of safety throughout the organisation and you will drive to continuously improve initiatives related to EHS performance.
- You will support training programs to enhance employee awareness and understanding of compliance procedures, hazards, best practices and brand standards.
- You will manage the development and implementation of business SOPs to foster continuous improvement and operational excellence.
- You will ensure all SOPs are up to date, easy to understand and cascaded across all territories and partners, where required.
- You will conduct incident and accident investigations, identify root causes, and develop corrective action plans to prevent recurrence.
- You will actively monitor and analyse compliance metrics, prepare reports, and present findings to management.
- Staying up to date with relevant Food and EHS regulations and industry standards will be a pivotal part of the role to ensure timely compliance with any changes.
Who you are:
- A minimum of 4 years of experience in a Food Safety, H&S or EHS role, preferably within the hospitality sector
- Experience in the implementation, management and review of audits across an organisation[s] to drive continuous improvement.
- In-depth knowledge of legislative provisions and best practice.
- Proven track record in developing and implementing Food, EHS programs, policies, and procedures.
- Experience in managing, drafting and implementation of operational SOPs.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills to effectively train employees and collaborate with stakeholders at all levels.
- Ability to conduct thorough incident investigations, analyse data, and develop actionable recommendations.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Proficient in using MS Office and systems for data management and reporting.
- Ability to work independently, prioritize tasks, and handle multiple projects simultaneously.
- Required to be based in London or consider relocating.
- Willingness to travel across different sites and regionally.
- Competitive salary
- Paid time off
- Private Healthcare
- WeWork Access
- A whole lot of Blank Street swag and coffee