Store Manager | New York City
About Blank Street
At Blank Street, we believe great coffee should be an everyday ritual. With shops across Brooklyn, Manhattan, Boston, DC, and London, we’re the first-ever brand to offer affordable high-quality coffee. Blank Street originated in an effort to change the specialty coffee status quo. Starting with small-format shops and continuing with a limited menu and top-of-the-line tech, we’ve always been focused on simplifying the coffee experience. We partner with amazing local vendors and brands, and have some of the best baristas and HQ members out there on our team. Love coffee? Keep reading.
Blank Street is launching The Green Room, our first-ever concept store that will act as a product innovation and brand expression hub. In essence, the Green Room is just like any other Blank Street: it’s a daily ritual destination that enriches customers’ lives, with great coffee and friendly hospitality. There are two key areas that sets this store apart from the rest of Blank Street’s fleet:
- Rotating Menu: This store will feature an exclusive rotating menu of beverages that you won’t see anywhere else. These beverages will be out-of-the-box, innovative, and conceptual in nature.
- The Window: The store features a secondary point of sale - a hole-in-the-wall window that will be activated with rotating brand concepts.
As a Store Manager of the Green Room your primary responsibility will be to build a world-class business and team within your store. You’ll oversee and be held accountable to your Blank Street store. You must be able to work independently, while also thriving in a team environment. We’re looking for a dynamic leader that will motivate and inspire our teams in the Cafes to fulfill and represent Blank Street’s goals and vision. We want our team to become part of the community, serving customers with passion, care, and precision.
The right person for this role is a proven retail or food & beverage operator who takes pride in giving amazing hospitality experiences and influencing their team to do the same. You thrive for opportunities to serve your community and make a big local impact. You are customer centric and believe in quality product through flawless execution. You empower your team to give customers exactly what they need, every day, in their way. You excel in high growth environments, thrive under pressure, are highly organized, and can handle competing priorities.
- Magic is found in the details: The experience of Blank Street is the aggregation of 1000s of small things that roll up to the whole. A harmonious aggregation of all those details is what creates magic.
- Move as one: Blank Street is a complex company to operate — as a retailer, we are made up of a myriad of departments that need to work harmoniously. To be successful, we must ensure that we work together as one unified team. We go for goals together, we coordinate on challenges together, leaders step in for each other. We cannot be a collection of individuals operating our own function.
- My home is your home: We are in the business of delivering incredible hospitality experiences to our customers. “My home is your home” is exactly how we want our customers to feel after every interaction – we are always open and inviting. We demonstrate this belief most meaningfully in the way we treat every encounter and by the example we set for one another.
What you'll own
- All schedules and timecards completed according to state law and adhering to state and local labor laws
- Responsible for the timely recruitment of super star talent for backfills and additional staff needed for seasonal peak sales trends hand with our people team
- Develop, grow, and performance manage your team of Service Pros, Baristas, and Shift Leads
- Train new employees to succeed at Blank Street using our training program, learning management system, and progression pathways
- Ensure coffee accreditation are handled on time for new employees in line with company standards
- Develop meaningful relationships with neighborhood businesses and people to help grow local brand loyalty
- Uphold the company standard NPS scores and 3rd party platform reviews, celebrating the positives with your teams and immediately actioning on feedback to improve
- Be a champion of your stores financial performance, finding ways to grow your store AOV, meet sales goals through creative initiatives and gain team buy in to share the same vision
- Maintain operational excellence in the way of store environment, cleanliness and brand expectations, achieving company standard scores and above via our auditing platform
- Be a brand ambassador - have a thorough understanding of what makes Blank Street’s products unique and differentiated with the ability to communicate it to customers and teammates
- Maintain coffee quality standards across your store and ensure recipes are executed accurately and consistently by your team
- Own all ordering, vendor relations, waste management, inventory counts and general compliance of our Inventory Management System
- Own celebrating positive customer feedback and investigating any and all negative comments to ensure we are listening and adjusting where necessary
- Own the underlying P&L of your store. Constantly diagnose areas of improvement and come up with creative solutions to drive better performance while ensuring you are operating within labor budgets
What you'll bring
- 4+ years of experience managing and leading operations in high growth hospitality or consumer brands
- Deep passion for hospitality both for our customers and for our team
- Receptive and enthusiastic about receiving and actioning feedback
- Track record scaling and managing hospitality teams
- Track record managing inventory and supply chain ordering
- Highly effective interpersonal and communication skills
- Hands on and highly action-oriented
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to perform under pressure and time constraints
- Deep knowledge and interest in specialty coffee
Full Time: 45 hours per week, 5 days of availability required and must be available to work 2 peak days (usually weekend days, weekend as described as Friday, Saturday, Sunday)
- $65k with quarterly performance based bonus potential
- Blank Street, in good faith, believes that the posted salary range is accurate for this role in New York City at the time of posting. Our salary ranges are rooted in the desire to pay competitively relative to our organization size and industry, reflecting just one part of the total compensation package. Additional components include equity offering, healthcare benefits, paid time off and various work perks (commuter benefits, free coffee). Details will be discussed during the interview process. Blank Street may pay more or less than the posted range based on factors such as relevant experience and skills, qualifications and location, among others. This range may be modified in the future.
- Medical, Dental, and Vision coverage
- Paid sick time
- Paid time off + company holidays
- Bonus potential program
- A whole lot of Blank Street coffee & swag