Senior Product Manager - (m/w/d)
To solve one of our generation's largest problems, we need the world’s best talent.
Our vision is to enable a sustainable food system. Our technology is already enabling thousands of restaurants, wholesalers, and producers across 7 countries to operate waste-free and efficiently. Yet, this is a drop into the ocean. We just started. Our goal to connect the global food system is extremely ambitious and complex. A problem of this magnitude and complexity requires a massive scale and only the best people will be able to solve it. We are gathering the best people globally together in order to succeed in our mission. Are you in?
For us, it is always team-first. Teams in which everyone subordinates their individual success to the team's success will win against teams that don't. Can you put your ego aside?
We are looking for the hungry underdogs that will rather fail than not try. We look for humility because it makes us learn faster. And we look for people who understand that hard work is necessary and that shortcuts don’t exist. We are playing the long game and want to build a truly generational company.
Our mission requires us to be fast. We believe that urgency is a mindset. We look for people who act with speed in everything they do, yet never lose sight of the bigger picture.
Fun plays an important role. We want to succeed and celebrate when we do. It is important to us that our people form real bonds in and outside of work.
We have no small plans, we are assembling a championship team, with people that take real ownership of our company’s long-term success. If you feel this is for you, then deep inside you, you might be already one of us.
See what we’ve been up to: bit.ly/3BX0kYj
As an office-first company, you’ll participate in our weekly face-to-face days (3 days a week). We’ve found that spending time together as a team enables collaboration, participation, and engagement that leads to innovation, faster execution, and shared ownership. Plus, we see the value of camaraderie and genuinely enjoy our time together.
What you’ll do
- Own the roadmap and development of a growth focused product that makes an impact
- Analyze business and user impact of potential features in a data-driven manner, using state-of-the-art tools and your strong analytical skills
- Talk to users, strategizing, spitballing product ideas with our staff, clarifying technical questions and effort estimates with our in-house engineers, troubleshooting issues, drawing up wireframes, aligning on user stories with the design team and many, many other things - no two days will be the same
- Have the opportunity to grow with the company and increase your amount of responsibility and ownership over time
- Work directly with one of our co-founders and collaborating across all our other departments
What we’re looking for
- You have led massive growth in product scope/user count/company size/product team size in your previous job(s) and are familiar with the challenges that such growth brings
- You have owned the development of an externally-facing product over multiple years
- You bring product taste, strategic thinking and an extraordinary ability to prioritize
- You are an excellent communicator who can switch between discussing detailed technical specifications to pitching our product vision to your aunt at family dinner
- You take complexity and uncertainty as input and output great product and results
Choco was founded in Berlin in 2018 and has since expanded to a team of over 400 committed Chocorians working from Choco offices in the US, France, Belgium, Germany, Austria, the UK, and Spain. Our ordering app is used by over 15K buyers and over 10K suppliers around the globe - processing hundreds of thousands of tons of food every month.
We raised over $280mn from some of the world’s best investors like Bessemer Venture Partners, Insight Partners, Coatue Management, and LeftLane Capital. We are the first unicorn to reduce food waste.
We’re working alongside those who built companies like Google, Facebook, Amazon, Uber, Rocket Internet, and more.
Choco is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage people from all backgrounds to apply. We are committed to ensuring that our technology is available and accessible to everyone. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Something looks off?