Senior Platform Fullstack Engineer - (m/w/d)
To solve one of our generation's largest problems, we need the world’s best talent.
Our vision is to enable a sustainable food system. Our technology is already enabling thousands of restaurants, wholesalers, and producers across 7 countries to operate waste-free and efficiently. Yet, this is a drop into the ocean. We just started. Our goal to connect the global food system is extremely ambitious and complex. A problem of this magnitude and complexity requires a massive scale and only the best people will be able to solve it. We are gathering the best people globally together in order to succeed in our mission. Are you in?
For us, it is always team-first. Teams in which everyone subordinates their individual success to the team's success will win against teams that don't. Can you put your ego aside?
We are looking for the hungry underdogs that will rather fail than not try. We look for humility because it makes us learn faster. And we look for people who understand that hard work is necessary and that shortcuts don’t exist. We are playing the long game and want to build a truly generational company.
Our mission requires us to be fast. We believe that urgency is a mindset. We look for people who act with speed in everything they do, yet never lose sight of the bigger picture.
Fun plays an important role. We want to succeed and celebrate when we do. It is important to us that our people form real bonds in and outside of work.
We have no small plans, we are assembling a championship team, with people that take real ownership of our company’s long-term success. If you feel this is for you, then deep inside you, you might be already one of us.
See what we’ve been up to: bit.ly/3BX0kYj
What you’ll do
You will work as part of a dedicated cross-functional, highly leveraged platform team consisting of an engineering manager, product manager, full-stack, and QA engineers.
- As a hands-on fullstack platform engineer, you will set the development direction for the team members and help to implement standards, build shared libraries, and frameworks for our backend and frontend development across Choco
- Work with our backend team to enhance its event-driven microservice architecture inside of the AWS-ecosystem in order to help our web and mobile products give the best experience to its users
- You will support the team in implementing modern and performance optimized backend and frontend solutions in NodeJS and ReactJS based on a distributed architecture
- You will collaborate closely with product engineers and product managers, building scalable services and frameworks, enabling faster, more efficient development
- You will align with different stakeholders and share insights and expertise within and outside of the platform communication team
- You will actively share your knowledge, drive projects, facilitate discussions and promote innovation across the organization
The technology you’ll work with
For backend, we have a cutting-edge environment and use NodeJS, TypeScript, GraphQL, AWS DynamoDB and our infrastructure is powered by AWS SNS, AWS SQS, AWS Lambda, AWS AppSync, AWS CloudFormation, AWS CodePipeline and AWS S3.
For frontend, we use use ReactJS, TypeScript, GraphQL, Cypress, Jest, Styled Components, and Micro-frontends.
What we’re looking for
- A senior level fullstack engineer with 4+ years experience in delivering global and scalable solutions with NodeJS and ReactJS
- Strong communication skills and eagerness to share and develop others
- Experience working with AWS lambda functions, and testing frameworks like Jest, React Testing Library.
- Proven experience with CI/CD pipeline as well as cloud providers while building resilient and scalable infrastructure
- Know-how to write clean code, apply design patterns, and unit testing
- Ability to identify, articulate issues, and drive extensive features and projects spanning across multiple sprints
We look forward to seeing you in the office a minimum of three days per week.
Being together in person is an important part of our company culture. We’ve found that spending time as a team enables collaboration, participation, and engagement that leads to innovation, faster execution, and shared ownership. Plus, we see the value of camaraderie and genuinely enjoy our time together.
Need a better idea of who we are? Take a video tour of our headquarters in Berlin.
We invite you to take part in the following selection process:
- Introduction call: a Tech Recruiter will tell you more about Choco, our Tech Org and get to know your work, background, interests and you as a person better.
- Technical interview/Pair Programming: during this stage we want to get deeper into your technical knowledge. Next to some technical questions you will work together with another engineer in a pair programming exercise.
- Systems Design & Architecture Interview: Together with our lead engineers you will do a system design exercise to test your architectural skills (whiteboard session).
- Cultural & Collaboration interview: we will have a chat with you about our culture and check what can be your non-technical contribution to Choco. Our product managers would like to see how you would collaborate on building the most amazing product for our customers.
- OFFER: your interviewers will make a decision together regarding your offer.
- A stellar onboarding and the smartest team in the foodspace will be waiting for you ! 🚀
Choco was founded in Berlin in 2018 and has since expanded to a team of over 400 committed Chocorians working from Choco offices in the US, France, Belgium, Germany, Austria, the UK, and Spain. Our ordering app is used by over 15K buyers and over 10K suppliers around the globe - processing hundreds of thousands of tons of food every month.
We raised over $280mn from some of the world’s best investors like Bessemer Venture Partners, Insight Partners, Coatue Management, and LeftLane Capital. We are the first unicorn to reduce food waste.
We’re working alongside those who built companies like Google, Facebook, Amazon, Uber, Rocket Internet, and more.
Choco is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage people from all backgrounds to apply. We are committed to ensuring that our technology is available and accessible to everyone. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Something looks off?