To solve one of our generation's largest problems, we need the world’s best talent.
Our vision is to enable a sustainable food system. Our technology is already enabling thousands of restaurants, wholesalers, and producers across 7 countries to operate waste-free and efficiently. Yet, this is a drop into the ocean. We just started. Our goal to connect the global food system is extremely ambitious and complex. A problem of this magnitude and complexity requires a massive scale and only the best people will be able to solve it. We are gathering the best people globally together in order to succeed in our mission. Are you in?
For us, it is always team-first. Teams in which everyone subordinates their individual success to the team's success will win against teams that don't. Can you put your ego aside?
We are looking for the hungry underdogs that will rather fail than not try. We look for humility because it makes us learn faster. And we look for people who understand that hard work is necessary and that shortcuts don’t exist. We are playing the long game and want to build a truly generational company.
Our mission requires us to be fast. We believe that urgency is a mindset. We look for people who act with speed in everything they do, yet never lose sight of the bigger picture.
Fun plays an important role. We want to succeed and celebrate when we do. It is important to us that our people form real bonds in and outside of work.
We have no small plans, we are assembling a championship team, with people that take real ownership of our company’s long-term success. If you feel this is for you, then deep inside you, you might be already one of us.
See what we’ve been up to: bit.ly/3BX0kYj
Meet the team:
Our Operations team in London has resiliently grown with our users (restaurants, cafes, bars, etc.) throughout the past few years. Joining a strong department of Inside Sales Associates, Account Managers, and Implementation Managers, our Vendor Partnerships Managers will be challenged to negotiate and close partnership deals end-to-end, build long-lasting relationships that fuel our growth with qualified leads, and play a vital role in bringing Choco to the next level.
We are an office-first company. Of course, you will be able to work from home on some days, but we spend most of our time together.
- Take complete ownership of closing commercial deals with our supplier partners from the first touchpoint to the signed contract
- Engage with prospective customers via cold outreach, referrals, walk-ins to food markets and previous relationships
- Lead discovery meetings with suppliers and provide custom solutions based on their needs, working hand in hand with our solutions engineers & implementation teams
- Maximise the revenue impact of your contracts and provide our buyer sales teams with high quality leads that result in skyrocketing growth numbers
- Think outside of the box and present new ideas, processes, and opportunities that exceed customer expectations and make for a best-in-class experience
The ideal candidate:
- 3+ years of sales experience
- Ideally previous experience working in SaaS / dealing with complex sales cycles
- Track record of being a top performer in competitive teams
- Open and natural communicator who is comfortable articulating complex and diverse technical solutions to internal and external partners
- Hungry sales mentality. Someone who is always prospecting, looking for new opportunities even if an SDR is providing additional pipeline
- Humble mindset, willingness to get out in the field and meet with suppliers in-person
- Ultimate relationship builder, able to communicate with both CEOs of multi-million companies and family run businesses that have 0 experience with technology
- Data-driven mindset with a focus on finding solutions and executing
Nice to Have:
- Experience in a fast growing company
- Experience using CRM systems like Salesforce
Choco was founded in Berlin in 2018 and has since expanded to a team of over 400 committed Chocorians working from Choco offices in the US, France, Belgium, Germany, Austria, the UK, and Spain. Our ordering app is used by over 15K buyers and over 10K suppliers around the globe - processing hundreds of thousands of tons of food every month.
We raised over $280mn from some of the world’s best investors like Bessemer Venture Partners, Insight Partners, Coatue Management, and LeftLane Capital. We are the first unicorn to reduce food waste.
We’re working alongside those who built companies like Google, Facebook, Amazon, Uber, Rocket Internet, and more.
Choco is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage people from all backgrounds to apply. We are committed to ensuring that our technology is available and accessible to everyone. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.