To solve one of our generation's largest problems, we need the world’s best talent.
Our vision is to enable a sustainable food system. Our technology is already enabling thousands of restaurants, wholesalers, and producers across 7 countries to operate waste-free and efficiently. Yet, this is a drop into the ocean. We just started. Our goal to connect the global food system is extremely ambitious and complex. A problem of this magnitude and complexity requires a massive scale and only the best people will be able to solve it. We are gathering the best people globally together in order to succeed in our mission. Are you in?
For us, it is always team-first. Teams in which everyone subordinates their individual success to the team's success will win against teams that don't. Can you put your ego aside?
We are looking for the hungry underdogs that will rather fail than not try. We look for humility because it makes us learn faster. And we look for people who understand that hard work is necessary and that shortcuts don’t exist. We are playing the long game and want to build a truly generational company.
Our mission requires us to be fast. We believe that urgency is a mindset. We look for people who act with speed in everything they do, yet never lose sight of the bigger picture.
Fun plays an important role. We want to succeed and celebrate when we do. It is important to us that our people form real bonds in and outside of work.
We have no small plans, we are assembling a championship team, with people that take real ownership of our company’s long-term success. If you feel this is for you, then deep inside you, you might be already one of us.
See what we’ve been up to: bit.ly/3BX0kYj
Meet your team
- Known internally as a Vendor Sales (VM), you will report to our Head of Vendor Sales Jeremie and our Team Lead Jean-Christophe - supported by a team of 7 Vendor Partnerships Managers.
Due to the highly collaborative nature of our business (and the fact that we enjoy spending time together), this is primarily an in-office position.
The role & responsibilities
- Take full ownership of closing commercial deals from first touchpoint to signed contract (full-cycle)
- Lead discovery calls for suppliers that have been coordinated by Vendor SDRs
- Engage with clients via cold outreach, referrals and previous relationships
- Own vendor lifecycles from the initial pitch and negotiations to closing and onboarding
- Define commercial agreement according to the offerings agreed upon
- Provide a smooth handover of your accounts
- Maximize the revenue impact of your partnerships and provide our sales teams with high quality leads that result in skyrocketing growth numbers
Who we’re looking for
- 2+ years of experience selling complex commercial agreements
- Fluent level in French
- Previous experience working within the food/supplier or SaaS world
- Open and natural communicator who is comfortable articulating complex and diverse technical solutions to internal and external partners
- Sales mentality with experience leveraging partnerships to uncover referral opportunities
- Data-driven mindset with a focus on finding solutions and executing
What it’s like to work at Choco
Need a better idea of who we are? Take a video tour of our headquarters in Berlin
Choco was founded in Berlin in 2018 and has since expanded to a team of over 400 committed Chocorians working from Choco offices in the US, France, Belgium, Germany, Austria, the UK, and Spain. Our ordering app is used by over 15K buyers and over 10K suppliers around the globe - processing hundreds of thousands of tons of food every month.
We raised over $280mn from some of the world’s best investors like Bessemer Venture Partners, Insight Partners, Coatue Management, and LeftLane Capital. We are the first unicorn to reduce food waste.
We’re working alongside those who built companies like Google, Facebook, Amazon, Uber, Rocket Internet, and more.
Choco is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage people from all backgrounds to apply. We are committed to ensuring that our technology is available and accessible to everyone. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Something looks off?