Account Manager (m/w/d)
To solve one of our generation's largest problems, we need the world’s best talent.
Our vision is to enable a sustainable food system. Our technology is already enabling thousands of restaurants, wholesalers, and producers across 7 countries to operate waste-free and efficiently. Yet, this is a drop into the ocean. We just started. Our goal to connect the global food system is extremely ambitious and complex. A problem of this magnitude and complexity requires a massive scale and only the best people will be able to solve it. We are gathering the best people globally together in order to succeed in our mission. Are you in?
For us, it is always team-first. Teams in which everyone subordinates their individual success to the team's success will win against teams that don't. Can you put your ego aside?
We are looking for the hungry underdogs that will rather fail than not try. We look for humility because it makes us learn faster. And we look for people who understand that hard work is necessary and that shortcuts don’t exist. We are playing the long game and want to build a truly generational company.
Our mission requires us to be fast. We believe that urgency is a mindset. We look for people who act with speed in everything they do, yet never lose sight of the bigger picture.
Fun plays an important role. We want to succeed and celebrate when we do. It is important to us that our people form real bonds in and outside of work.
We have no small plans, we are assembling a championship team, with people that take real ownership of our company’s long-term success. If you feel this is for you, then deep inside you, you might be already one of us.
See what we’ve been up to: bit.ly/3BX0kYj
Meet your team
Our Operations team in DACH has resiliently grown with our users (restaurants, cafes, bars, etc.) all across the region. Now, we are looking for Account Managers, who want to support us in building this new function and scaling with our user base more than ever before. We offer world-class coaching on the path to becoming a sales machine. This is not an easy way and it will be challenging, but if (and when) you succeed, you could reach everything. With your communication and relationship building skills, team-first mentality, and eagerness to grow and learn, you will play a vital role in bringing our growth to unprecedented levels.
What you’ll do
- Autonomously manage a portfolio of restaurant accounts and drive adoption of Choco to prevent churn and maximize usage of the app at each location
- Build long-lasting, trusting relationships with users of all cuisines, sizes, and types
- Analyse trends in user behavior to prioritize actions and make data-based decisions to find the best way to achieve your personal and team KPIs
- Act as the voice of our users internally, while working cross-functionally with Sales, Operations, Vendor Management, and Product to be able to provide strategic input
What we’re looking for
- Native or C1 ability in German
- 2+ years of experience as account manager
- Experience in a SaaS company
- You are strongly motivated to have a community builder role. Aside from your sales mentality, you focus on long-term relationships
- You are adaptable, and you can put yourself in the shoes of a super famous Chef but also a Kebab shop as well as a charming little Italian restaurant
- Deep understanding about long term retention and up-selling
- Strong organizational skills and a solution-oriented, entrepreneurial mindset
- Analytical ability and natural curiosity about data driven decision-making
What it’s like to work at Choco
Need a better idea of who we are? Take a video tour of our headquarters in Berlin.
Choco was founded in Berlin in 2018 and has since expanded to a team of over 400 committed Chocorians working from Choco offices in the US, France, Belgium, Germany, Austria, the UK, and Spain. Our ordering app is used by over 15K buyers and over 10K suppliers around the globe - processing hundreds of thousands of tons of food every month.
We raised over $280mn from some of the world’s best investors like Bessemer Venture Partners, Insight Partners, Coatue Management, and LeftLane Capital. We are the first unicorn to reduce food waste.
We’re working alongside those who built companies like Google, Facebook, Amazon, Uber, Rocket Internet, and more.
Choco is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage people from all backgrounds to apply. We are committed to ensuring that our technology is available and accessible to everyone. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Something looks off?