Senior HR Business Partner
To solve one of our generation's largest problems, we need the world’s best talent.
Our vision is to enable a sustainable food system. Our technology is already enabling thousands of restaurants, wholesalers, and producers across 7 countries to operate waste-free and efficiently. Yet, this is a drop into the ocean. We just started. Our goal to connect the global food system is extremely ambitious and complex. A problem of this magnitude and complexity requires a massive scale and only the best people will be able to solve it. We are gathering the best people globally together in order to succeed in our mission. Are you in?
For us, it is always team-first. Teams in which everyone subordinates their individual success to the team's success will win against teams that don't. Can you put your ego aside?
We are looking for the hungry underdogs that will rather fail than not try. We look for humility because it makes us learn faster. And we look for people who understand that hard work is necessary and that shortcuts don’t exist. We are playing the long game and want to build a truly generational company.
Our mission requires us to be fast. We believe that urgency is a mindset. We look for people who act with speed in everything they do, yet never lose sight of the bigger picture.
Fun plays an important role. We want to succeed and celebrate when we do. It is important to us that our people form real bonds in and outside of work.
We have no small plans, we are assembling a championship team, with people that take real ownership of our company’s long-term success. If you feel this is for you, then deep inside you, you might be already one of us.
See what we’ve been up to: bit.ly/3BX0kYj
As an office-first company, you’ll participate in our weekly face-to-face days (4 days a week). We’ve found that spending time together as a team enables collaboration, participation, and engagement that leads to innovation, faster execution, and shared ownership. Plus, we see the value of camaraderie and genuinely enjoy our time together.
Knowledge & Experience:
- Operate as the departmental HR expert, to advise, guide, and support managers through our people processes and procedures.
- Build and maintain effective working relationships with managers and employees to provide guidance and counsel on a variety of People-related issues on both strategic and tactical levels.
- Collaborate with managers to ensure that managers are familiar with People policies and procedures; whilst identifying opportunities and mitigating risks.
- Advise on employee relations cases; e.g. monitoring absence, capability, and performance; disciplinary and grievances.
- Structure and keep up-to-date compensation and benefits packages to ensure we are competitive in the market.
- Work closely with management and employees to improve work relationships, build morale/engagement, and increase productivity and retention.
- Lead our mental health initiatives to ensure Choco is a supportive and considerate employer.
Senior People Business Partner:
- Providing advice and guidance to leadership on employment matters; influencing management and the leadership around the people's agenda to help deliver the business priorities.
- Identify HR priorities from departmental plans, translate business requirements into effective HR practices, and deliver people solutions aligned to business objectives.
- Work with key members of the People team to deliver key HR initiatives across the HR spectrum, including workforce planning, restructuring, talent and performance management, and pay and reward.
- Work with internal/external expertise to identify, develop and implement learning programmes, including induction, management development, and compliance training, etc for people processes.
- Coach and build the capability of managers to anticipate and pre-empt organizational issues.
- Extensive experience with German labor law and fluency in Deutsch
- Strong interpersonal skills and a deep ability to understand what motivates others.
- Willingness to do whatever it takes to get the job done, no matter how big or small.
- Strong Internal & External Stakeholder Management.
- Communicates challenges and influences a variety of stakeholders effectively.
- Ability to simplify complex problems, processes, or projects to drive efficiencies.
- Transforms proposals/ideas into practical reality.
- Keeps up to date with external trends and best practices in the areas of expertise and HR more broadly.
Choco was founded in Berlin in 2018 and has since expanded to a team of over 400 committed Chocorians working from Choco offices in the US, France, Belgium, Germany, Austria, the UK, and Spain. Our ordering app is used by over 15K buyers and over 10K suppliers around the globe - processing hundreds of thousands of tons of food every month.
We raised over $280mn from some of the world’s best investors like Bessemer Venture Partners, Insight Partners, Coatue Management, and LeftLane Capital. We are the first unicorn to reduce food waste.
We’re working alongside those who built companies like Google, Facebook, Amazon, Uber, Rocket Internet, and more.
Choco is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage people from all backgrounds to apply. We are committed to ensuring that our technology is available and accessible to everyone. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Something looks off?