Business Development Representative, Vendor Partnerhips
To solve one of our generation's largest problems, we need the world’s best talent.
Our vision is to enable a sustainable food system. Our technology is already enabling thousands of restaurants, wholesalers, and producers across 7 countries to operate waste-free and efficiently. Yet, this is a drop into the ocean. We just started. Our goal to connect the global food system is extremely ambitious and complex. A problem of this magnitude and complexity requires a massive scale and only the best people will be able to solve it. We are gathering the best people globally together in order to succeed in our mission. Are you in?
For us, it is always team-first. Teams in which everyone subordinates their individual success to the team's success will win against teams that don't. Can you put your ego aside?
We are looking for the hungry underdogs that will rather fail than not try. We look for humility because it makes us learn faster. And we look for people who understand that hard work is necessary and that shortcuts don’t exist. We are playing the long game and want to build a truly generational company.
Our mission requires us to be fast. We believe that urgency is a mindset. We look for people who act with speed in everything they do, yet never lose sight of the bigger picture.
Fun plays an important role. We want to succeed and celebrate when we do. It is important to us that our people form real bonds in and outside of work.
We have no small plans, we are assembling a championship team, with people that take real ownership of our company’s long-term success. If you feel this is for you, then deep inside you, you might be already one of us.
See what we’ve been up to: bit.ly/3BX0kYj
The role & responsibilities
- Engage with suppliers via inbound and outbound channels
- Manage your territory of supplier leads and set up meetings for Vendor Managers to develop potential partnerships
- Help prioritize business opportunities and develop action plans to achieve set goals (acquisition of new suppliers, closing of premium contracts and long term relationship building)
- Create long-term business partnerships, utilizing suppliers as a multiplier for the company’s growth
- Build and nurture a robust pipeline of suppliers and deliver accurate acquisition forecasts
- Think outside the box and present new ideas, processes, and opportunities that exceed customer expectations and make for a best in class experience
- Utilize Salesforce, cold calling and email to generate new sales opportunities
Who we’re looking for
- 1-2 years of experience in sales or inside sales with a proven track record of success
- Excellent verbal communication, sales, and negotiation skills
- Data-driven mindset and experience using numbers to create efficient processes
- Creative seller who is comfortable adapting a pitch to various audiences
- Experience with Salesforce (or other CRM) and Google Workspace (Gmail Docs, Sheets, etc)
- Fluent German language skills (C2)
What it’s like to work at Choco
Need a better idea of who we are? Take a video tour of our headquarters in Berlin.
Choco was founded in Berlin in 2018 and has since expanded to a team of over 400 committed Chocorians working from Choco offices in the US, France, Belgium, Germany, Austria, the UK, and Spain. Our ordering app is used by over 15K buyers and over 10K suppliers around the globe - processing hundreds of thousands of tons of food every month.
We raised over $280mn from some of the world’s best investors like Bessemer Venture Partners, Insight Partners, Coatue Management, and LeftLane Capital. We are the first unicorn to reduce food waste.
We’re working alongside those who built companies like Google, Facebook, Amazon, Uber, Rocket Internet, and more.
Choco is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage people from all backgrounds to apply. We are committed to ensuring that our technology is available and accessible to everyone. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Something looks off?