Senior Flutter Engineer - (m/w/d)
To solve one of our generation's largest problems, we need the world’s best talent.
Our vision is to enable a sustainable food system. Our technology is already enabling thousands of restaurants, wholesalers, and producers across 7 countries to operate waste-free and efficiently. Yet, this is a drop into the ocean. We just started. Our goal to connect the global food system is extremely ambitious and complex. A problem of this magnitude and complexity requires a massive scale and only the best people will be able to solve it. We are gathering the best people globally together in order to succeed in our mission. Are you in?
For us, it is always team-first. Teams in which everyone subordinates their individual success to the team's success will win against teams that don't. Can you put your ego aside?
We are looking for the hungry underdogs that will rather fail than not try. We look for humility because it makes us learn faster. And we look for people who understand that hard work is necessary and that shortcuts don’t exist. We are playing the long game and want to build a truly generational company.
Our mission requires us to be fast. We believe that urgency is a mindset. We look for people who act with speed in everything they do, yet never lose sight of the bigger picture.
Fun plays an important role. We want to succeed and celebrate when we do. It is important to us that our people form real bonds in and outside of work.
We have no small plans, we are assembling a championship team, with people that take real ownership of our company’s long-term success. If you feel this is for you, then deep inside you, you might be already one of us.
See what we’ve been up to: bit.ly/3BX0kYj
Meet your team
Sitting within our growing Engineering team, Senior Flutter Engineer will play a pivotal role in our shift to a new technology. You’ll closely collaborate with cross-functional teams, including Product Managers, Designers, and other Engineers, to deliver top-notch features and ensure seamless integration.
As a customer-centric team and organization, the primary objective of this role is to develop cutting-edge features in Flutter for both mobile and web, working closely with Product teams to deliver an exceptional user experience. This position will play a critical role as we adopt flutter.
What you’ll do
- Design, develop, and maintain high-quality, scalable mobile applications using Flutter and Dart.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams, including product managers, designers, and other engineers, to deliver top-notch features and ensure seamless integration.
- Lead and mentor less experienced engineers, sharing knowledge and fostering a culture of continuous improvement and growth.
- Write clean, efficient, and testable code, adhering to established coding standards and best practices.
- Troubleshoot, debug, and optimize mobile application performance, providing an exceptional user experience.
- Engage in code reviews, ensuring adherence to coding standards and offering constructive feedback to peers.
- Stay current with the latest advancements in Flutter, Dart, and other relevant technologies to utilize the most effective tools and techniques.
- Develop and maintain technical documentation, such as design specifications, user guides, and release notes.
- Lead and execute the migration of existing functionalities written in native development languages to Flutter, ensuring seamless integration, optimal performance, and maintaining a consistent user experience across platforms.
What we’re looking for
- 3+ years of experience with Flutter and Dart with a total of 5+ years working in mobile application development.
- Demonstrated expertise in developing complex mobile applications with state management, networking, and UI/UX components.
- Strong knowledge of mobile app development best practices, including performance optimization, security, and accessibility.
- Experience with continuous integration, continuous deployment (CI/CD), and agile development methodologies.
- Proficient in version control systems, such as Git.
- Excellent problem-solving skills, with the ability to break down complex issues and identify practical solutions.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to work effectively with a diverse team.
Welcomed, but not required skills
- Experience with ReactJS, GraphQL, AppSync.
- Familiarity with AWS services, such as Lambda, DynamoDB, and S3, or other cloud services. This would be beneficial for integrating serverless architectures and handling data storage and retrieval tasks.
We look forward to seeing you in the office a minimum of three days per week.
Being together in person is an important part of our company culture. We’ve found that spending time as a team enables collaboration, participation, and engagement that leads to innovation, faster execution, and shared ownership. Plus, we see the value of camaraderie and genuinely enjoy our time together.
Need a better idea of who we are? Take a video tour of our headquarters in Berlin.
We invite you to take part in the following selection process:
- Introduction call: a Tech Recruiter will tell you more about Choco, our Tech Org and get to know your work, background, interests and you as a person better.
- Technical interview/Pair Programming: during this stage we want to get deeper into your technical knowledge. Next to some technical questions you will work together with another engineer in a pair programming exercise.
- Cultural & Collaboration interview: we will have a chat with you about our culture and check what can be your non-technical contribution to Choco. Our product managers would like to see how you would collaborate on building the most amazing product for our customers.
- OFFER: your interviewers will make a decision together regarding your offer.
- A stellar onboarding and the smartest team in the food space will be waiting for you ! 🚀
Choco was founded in Berlin in 2018 and has since expanded to a team of over 400 committed Chocorians working from Choco offices in the US, France, Belgium, Germany, Austria, the UK, and Spain. Our ordering app is used by over 15K buyers and over 10K suppliers around the globe - processing hundreds of thousands of tons of food every month.
We raised over $280mn from some of the world’s best investors like Bessemer Venture Partners, Insight Partners, Coatue Management, and LeftLane Capital. We are the first unicorn to reduce food waste.
We’re working alongside those who built companies like Google, Facebook, Amazon, Uber, Rocket Internet, and more.
Choco is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage people from all backgrounds to apply. We are committed to ensuring that our technology is available and accessible to everyone. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Something looks off?