Head of Finance (m/w/d)
To solve one of our generation's largest problems, we need the world’s best talent.
Our vision is to enable a sustainable food system. Our technology is already enabling thousands of restaurants, wholesalers, and producers across 7 countries to operate waste-free and efficiently. Yet, this is a drop into the ocean. We just started. Our goal to connect the global food system is extremely ambitious and complex. A problem of this magnitude and complexity requires a massive scale and only the best people will be able to solve it. We are gathering the best people globally together in order to succeed in our mission. Are you in?
For us, it is always team-first. Teams in which everyone subordinates their individual success to the team's success will win against teams that don't. Can you put your ego aside?
We are looking for the hungry underdogs that will rather fail than not try. We look for humility because it makes us learn faster. And we look for people who understand that hard work is necessary and that shortcuts don’t exist. We are playing the long game and want to build a truly generational company.
Our mission requires us to be fast. We believe that urgency is a mindset. We look for people who act with speed in everything they do, yet never lose sight of the bigger picture.
Fun plays an important role. We want to succeed and celebrate when we do. It is important to us that our people form real bonds in and outside of work.
We have no small plans, we are assembling a championship team, with people that take real ownership of our company’s long-term success. If you feel this is for you, then deep inside you, you might be already one of us.
See what we’ve been up to: bit.ly/3BX0kYj
Choco provides a centralised platform connecting restaurants and suppliers. The result is better communication, simplified logistics, and – here comes the big one – less food waste. We aim to contribute to a transparent, sustainable, waste-free global food chain by 2030.
Our chat-based ordering app has already changed the game for thousands of restaurants and suppliers across the globe, but there is much more work to be done. And that’s where we need your help. If you’re looking to be at the intersection of purpose and innovation, we’d love to hear from you.
Meet your team
As Head of Finance Germany, you will play a key role in developing and scaling up the Finance organisation of our HQ and DACH business. You will play an integral role in our group's annual report and audit process.
You will join an gile and dynamic team that is eager to learn and grow alongside an inspiring leader. You will report directly to the global Director of Finance of the Choco Group and will have significant direct interaction with the CFO. Furthermore, you will gain high visibility across the entire organisation as the Finance leader of our HQ and DACH business.
What you will do
- Responsible for the accounting, tax and all other Finance operations of our HQ and DACH business.
- Own the preparation of monthly and annual financial statements according to HGB.
- Own the audit process of the HoldCo and support in Choco’s group audit.
- Play a key role in the potential execution of an IPO.
- Design, automate and optimize scalable Finance processes and systems (e.g. quote-to-cash and procure-to-pay).
- Prepare P&L, liquidity and balance sheet models in close collaboration with the FP&A team.
- Contact person for external stakeholders such as auditors, tax advisors, banks, and payment service providers and manage the relationship with them.
- Engage in critical group projects such as transfer pricing, monetisation and cost control.
- Empower, lead and develop the HQ Finance team.
- Spread accountability and financial discipline throughout the organisation.
What we’re looking for
- You are an inspiring leader with a proven track record in shaping and scaling up Finance teams.
- 6+ years of an outstanding track record in the field of Finance / Taxes / Accounting, with a Top 4 auditing company or Tier 1 fast-growing company.
- Acquired excellent knowledge of German (HGB) and international (IFRS) accounting standards.
- You have strong experience in finance operations and systems, as well as in implementing scalable processes (e.g. quote-to-cash and procure-to-pay).
- You are a trusted partner to the business who sets data-driven directions in times of ambiguity and enjoys building strong relationships with cross-functional partners.
- You are an exceptional communicator with fluency in English and solid German skills who delivers concise and impactful communication to the Finance team and senior leadership.
- You are analytical, structured and focused on results with a strong sense of ownership.
- You are an energetic, curious & collaborative individual that thrives in a fast-paced and changing environment.
- You hold a relevant Bachelor, Master or MBA degree.
Choco was founded in Berlin in 2018 and has since expanded to a team of over 400 committed Chocorians working from Choco offices in the US, France, Belgium, Germany, Austria, the UK, and Spain. Our ordering app is used by over 15K buyers and over 10K suppliers around the globe - processing hundreds of thousands of tons of food every month.
We raised over $280mn from some of the world’s best investors like Bessemer Venture Partners, Insight Partners, Coatue Management, and LeftLane Capital. We are the first unicorn to reduce food waste.
We’re working alongside those who built companies like Google, Facebook, Amazon, Uber, Rocket Internet, and more.
Choco is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage people from all backgrounds to apply. We are committed to ensuring that our technology is available and accessible to everyone. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.