To solve one of our generation's largest problems, we need the world’s best talent.
Our vision is to enable a sustainable food system. Our technology is already enabling thousands of restaurants, wholesalers, and producers across 7 countries to operate waste-free and efficiently. Yet, this is a drop into the ocean. We just started. Our goal to connect the global food system is extremely ambitious and complex. A problem of this magnitude and complexity requires a massive scale and only the best people will be able to solve it. We are gathering the best people globally together in order to succeed in our mission. Are you in?
For us, it is always team-first. Teams in which everyone subordinates their individual success to the team's success will win against teams that don't. Can you put your ego aside?
We are looking for the hungry underdogs that will rather fail than not try. We look for humility because it makes us learn faster. And we look for people who understand that hard work is necessary and that shortcuts don’t exist. We are playing the long game and want to build a truly generational company.
Our mission requires us to be fast. We believe that urgency is a mindset. We look for people who act with speed in everything they do, yet never lose sight of the bigger picture.
Fun plays an important role. We want to succeed and celebrate when we do. It is important to us that our people form real bonds in and outside of work.
We have no small plans, we are assembling a championship team, with people that take real ownership of our company’s long-term success. If you feel this is for you, then deep inside you, you might be already one of us.
See what we’ve been up to: bit.ly/3BX0kYj
Meet your team
Do you want to work at the forefront of food innovation and technology? Do you have a passion for designing beautiful, intuitive user experiences? If so, then we want you to join our team at Choco.
Join Choco's core team as a Product Designer and be part of a global mission to revolutionize the food industry. This individual will be working with senior designers to lead and manage two crucial squads (integrations + catalogs), and will design and develop user-centered solutions and collaborate with a cross-functional team of experts to create innovative and engaging user experiences that will transform the industry.
As an office-first company, you’ll participate in our weekly face-to-face days, which means we are in office at least 3 days per week. We’ve found that spending time together as a team enables collaboration, participation, and engagement that leads to innovation, faster execution, and shared ownership. Plus, we see the value of camaraderie and genuinely enjoy our time together.
What you’ll do
- Lead design projects from ideation to delivery, working closely with cross-functional teams to ensure designs meet user needs and business objectives.
- Work closely with researchers, participate in user research and drive usability tests.
- Define problems and develop UX strategies that help drive product innovation and growth.
- Work closely with engineering teams to ensure designs are technically feasible and implementable.
- Collaborate to our design system and guidelines to ensure consistency across products and platforms
- Stay up-to-date with industry trends and best practices to inform and improve our design processes
What we’re looking for
- 2+ years of professional Product Design experience
- A portfolio that demonstrates a range of design skills and projects
- Experience with tools such as Sketch, FIgma, and Adobe Creative suite
- Experience with consumer-facing mobile and web products
- Experience working in a fast-paced collaborative environment
- Exceptional execution skills, including design thinking, UX, UI, and interaction design
Choco was founded in Berlin in 2018 and has since expanded to a team of over 400 committed Chocorians working from Choco offices in the US, France, Belgium, Germany, Austria, the UK, and Spain. Our ordering app is used by over 15K buyers and over 10K suppliers around the globe - processing hundreds of thousands of tons of food every month.
We raised over $280mn from some of the world’s best investors like Bessemer Venture Partners, Insight Partners, Coatue Management, and LeftLane Capital. We are the first unicorn to reduce food waste.
We’re working alongside those who built companies like Google, Facebook, Amazon, Uber, Rocket Internet, and more.
Choco is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage people from all backgrounds to apply. We are committed to ensuring that our technology is available and accessible to everyone. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Something looks off?