Senior Service Operations Manager | German-speaking
To solve one of our generation's largest problems, we need the world’s best talent.
Our vision is to enable a sustainable food system. Our technology is already enabling thousands of restaurants, wholesalers, and producers across 7 countries to operate waste-free and efficiently. Yet, this is a drop into the ocean. We just started. Our goal to connect the global food system is extremely ambitious and complex. A problem of this magnitude and complexity requires a massive scale and only the best people will be able to solve it. We are gathering the best people globally together in order to succeed in our mission. Are you in?
For us, it is always team-first. Teams in which everyone subordinates their individual success to the team's success will win against teams that don't. Can you put your ego aside?
We are looking for the hungry underdogs that will rather fail than not try. We look for humility because it makes us learn faster. And we look for people who understand that hard work is necessary and that shortcuts don’t exist. We are playing the long game and want to build a truly generational company.
Our mission requires us to be fast. We believe that urgency is a mindset. We look for people who act with speed in everything they do, yet never lose sight of the bigger picture.
Fun plays an important role. We want to succeed and celebrate when we do. It is important to us that our people form real bonds in and outside of work.
We have no small plans, we are assembling a championship team, with people that take real ownership of our company’s long-term success. If you feel this is for you, then deep inside you, you might be already one of us.
See what we’ve been up to: bit.ly/3BX0kYj
Meet your team
- Our Service Operations team is crucial to ensuring a seamless user experience for our partnered restaurants and vendors. You will be part of our Service Operations leadership team, which combines Customer Support and Admin Operations teams.
As a culture-first company, we believe in the power of in-person collaboration. We look forward to working with you from our office in Barcelona.
What you’ll do
- Build and manage a team of Customer Support Associates and Admin Operations Associates for the DACH region
- Ensure high-quality work amongst the team by performing regular quality assurance checks and providing regular feedback to team members
- Drive sprints and initiatives with your team to improve Choco's service offering
- Act as the first point of contact for escalations from the team and other organizational partners
- Lead the relationship with Choco’s outsourcing team and drive continued outsourcing quality and process improvements
What we’re looking for
- 2-3 years of management experience
- At least 3 years of experience in Operations in a fast-paced environment
- You are fluent in German (written & oral)
- Ability to proactively identify gaps and solve them independently
- Excellent cross-functional communicator and team advocate
- Execution focused, solution-driven approach to problem solving
- Analytical mindset and ability dive deep in problems while solving them in a pragmatic way
Choco was founded in Berlin in 2018 and has since expanded to a team of over 400 committed Chocorians working from Choco offices in the US, France, Belgium, Germany, Austria, the UK, and Spain. Our ordering app is used by over 15K buyers and over 10K suppliers around the globe - processing hundreds of thousands of tons of food every month.
We raised over $280mn from some of the world’s best investors like Bessemer Venture Partners, Insight Partners, Coatue Management, and LeftLane Capital. We are the first unicorn to reduce food waste.
We’re working alongside those who built companies like Google, Facebook, Amazon, Uber, Rocket Internet, and more.
Choco is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage people from all backgrounds to apply. We are committed to ensuring that our technology is available and accessible to everyone. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.