Demand Generation Manager
To solve one of our generation's largest problems, we need the world’s best talent.
Our vision is to enable a sustainable food system. Our technology is already enabling thousands of restaurants, wholesalers, and producers across 7 countries to operate waste-free and efficiently. Yet, this is a drop into the ocean. We just started. Our goal to connect the global food system is extremely ambitious and complex. A problem of this magnitude and complexity requires a massive scale and only the best people will be able to solve it. We are gathering the best people globally together in order to succeed in our mission. Are you in?
For us, it is always team-first. Teams in which everyone subordinates their individual success to the team's success will win against teams that don't. Can you put your ego aside?
We are looking for the hungry underdogs that will rather fail than not try. We look for humility because it makes us learn faster. And we look for people who understand that hard work is necessary and that shortcuts don’t exist. We are playing the long game and want to build a truly generational company.
Our mission requires us to be fast. We believe that urgency is a mindset. We look for people who act with speed in everything they do, yet never lose sight of the bigger picture.
Fun plays an important role. We want to succeed and celebrate when we do. It is important to us that our people form real bonds in and outside of work.
We have no small plans, we are assembling a championship team, with people that take real ownership of our company’s long-term success. If you feel this is for you, then deep inside you, you might be already one of us.
See what we’ve been up to: bit.ly/3BX0kYj
Meet your team
Our Operations team in Chicago has resiliently grown with our users (restaurants, cafes, bars, suppliers, etc.) throughout the past few years. Our Marketing Manager will be challenged to fuel our growth by driving sales across the entire lifecycle, through both digital and offline campaigns, playing a vital role in bringing Choco to the next level.
We are an office-first company for our Chicago hub. You will be asked to work in the office 2-3 days a week.
What you will do:
- Developing and executing short- and long-term multi-channel strategies, including offline campaigns such as in-person events and OOH advertising
- Drive both online and offline campaigns
- Use testing, data and analytics to measure and improve on the success of demand generation campaigns, using metrics such as leads, conversions, revenue, etc.
- Create content development to target consumers throughout the customer lifecycle
- Collaborate with other departments, such as sales, product, and customer service, to create cohesive demand generation efforts
- Monitor industry trends and stay up-to-date on new technologies and techniques
- Conduct market and customer research to identify opportunities to encourage business growth
What we’re looking for:
- 4+ years of experience in demand generation or a related field
- Proficiency in marketing automation and CRM software
- Experience with working with hypothesis, A/B tests, and iterations
- Strong analytical skills, with experience analyzing data and making data-driven decisions
- Knowledge of sales techniques and strategies
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks and projects
- Strong problem-solving and decision-making skills
- Flexibility and adaptability to change
- A desire to learn and grow in the demand generation field
- Knowledge of data analysis and visualization tools, such as Looker
Choco was founded in Berlin in 2018 and has since expanded to a team of over 400 committed Chocorians working from Choco offices in the US, France, Belgium, Germany, Austria, the UK, and Spain. Our ordering app is used by over 15K buyers and over 10K suppliers around the globe - processing hundreds of thousands of tons of food every month.
We raised over $280mn from some of the world’s best investors like Bessemer Venture Partners, Insight Partners, Coatue Management, and LeftLane Capital. We are the first unicorn to reduce food waste.
We’re working alongside those who built companies like Google, Facebook, Amazon, Uber, Rocket Internet, and more.
Choco is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage people from all backgrounds to apply. We are committed to ensuring that our technology is available and accessible to everyone. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.