Customer Support Associate | French and English Speaker
To solve one of our generation's largest problems, we need the world’s best talent.
Our vision is to enable a sustainable food system. Our technology is already enabling thousands of restaurants, wholesalers, and producers across 7 countries to operate waste-free and efficiently. Yet, this is a drop into the ocean. We just started. Our goal to connect the global food system is extremely ambitious and complex. A problem of this magnitude and complexity requires a massive scale and only the best people will be able to solve it. We are gathering the best people globally together in order to succeed in our mission. Are you in?
For us, it is always team-first. Teams in which everyone subordinates their individual success to the team's success will win against teams that don't. Can you put your ego aside?
We are looking for the hungry underdogs that will rather fail than not try. We look for humility because it makes us learn faster. And we look for people who understand that hard work is necessary and that shortcuts don’t exist. We are playing the long game and want to build a truly generational company.
Our mission requires us to be fast. We believe that urgency is a mindset. We look for people who act with speed in everything they do, yet never lose sight of the bigger picture.
Fun plays an important role. We want to succeed and celebrate when we do. It is important to us that our people form real bonds in and outside of work.
We have no small plans, we are assembling a championship team, with people that take real ownership of our company’s long-term success. If you feel this is for you, then deep inside you, you might be already one of us.
See what we’ve been up to: bit.ly/3BX0kYj
Our Customer Support team aims at delivering success for our partners i.e. the buyers and vendors. Wizards in this role will ensure seamless experience to our users throughout their journey with Choco, be part of our support team and work hand in hand with the rest of our operations teams (Sales, Account Management & Vendor Management). An important part of this job will also be to ensure that the orders go through smoothly between different stakeholders.
We are looking for a passionate Customer Support Associate to be the first point of contact for our restaurants and vendors in France and to provide an excellent user experience. You’ll work closely with other teams such as Sales, Account Management and Implementation Management on different initiatives to increase user engagement and satisfaction with Choco.
As a culture-first company, we believe in the power of in-person collaboration. We look forward to working with you from our office in Barcelona.
What you’ll do:
- Be the first line of support on Live Chats to our network of restaurants using Choco
- Help our restaurants in understanding the Choco App and how to place orders successfully
- Assist our vendors in managing incoming orders while offering a great experience to their customers
- Be responsible for troubleshooting integration related issues with our premium vendors
- Monitor order transmission failures and ensure they get successfully received and processed
- Process administrative requests from both our customers and internal teams
- Closely collaborate with Sales, Account Management and Implementation Management to offer the best user experience to our customers
- Improve the efficiency of our processes and tools and launch initiatives to improve the quality of our service
What we’re looking for:
- You are fluent in English and French
- You bring 1-2 years experience in Customer Support, ideally in a tech company
- You have strong communication skills across channels: phone, email and live chat
- You are customer centric, ready to go the extra mile and find creative solutions for our users
- You are a team player and develop strong working relationships, collaborating well with your peers and stakeholders
- You are eager to constantly learn new skills and take on new responsibilities
- You thrive in fast-paced environments which require a strong level of ownership and a “hands-on” mentality
Choco was founded in Berlin in 2018 and has since expanded to a team of over 400 committed Chocorians working from Choco offices in the US, France, Belgium, Germany, Austria, the UK, and Spain. Our ordering app is used by over 15K buyers and over 10K suppliers around the globe - processing hundreds of thousands of tons of food every month.
We raised over $280mn from some of the world’s best investors like Bessemer Venture Partners, Insight Partners, Coatue Management, and LeftLane Capital. We are the first unicorn to reduce food waste.
We’re working alongside those who built companies like Google, Facebook, Amazon, Uber, Rocket Internet, and more.
Choco is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage people from all backgrounds to apply. We are committed to ensuring that our technology is available and accessible to everyone. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.