Global Strategic Planning Lead (w/m/d)
To solve one of our generation's largest problems, we need the world’s best talent.
Our vision is to enable a sustainable food system. Our technology is already enabling thousands of restaurants, wholesalers, and producers across 7 countries to operate waste-free and efficiently. Yet, this is a drop into the ocean. We just started. Our goal to connect the global food system is extremely ambitious and complex. A problem of this magnitude and complexity requires a massive scale and only the best people will be able to solve it. We are gathering the best people globally together in order to succeed in our mission. Are you in?
For us, it is always team-first. Teams in which everyone subordinates their individual success to the team's success will win against teams that don't. Can you put your ego aside?
We are looking for the hungry underdogs that will rather fail than not try. We look for humility because it makes us learn faster. And we look for people who understand that hard work is necessary and that shortcuts don’t exist. We are playing the long game and want to build a truly generational company.
Our mission requires us to be fast. We believe that urgency is a mindset. We look for people who act with speed in everything they do, yet never lose sight of the bigger picture.
Fun plays an important role. We want to succeed and celebrate when we do. It is important to us that our people form real bonds in and outside of work.
We have no small plans, we are assembling a championship team, with people that take real ownership of our company’s long-term success. If you feel this is for you, then deep inside you, you might be already one of us.
See what we’ve been up to: bit.ly/3BX0kYj
Meet your team
As Global Strategic Planning Manager, you will be joining the global operations team, which is defining and executing the strategy and processes to hit company level objectives. You will work closely with our regional sales teams, product, marketing, finance, customer experience and many other teams to drive value and enable us to hit key metrics across our buyer and vendor audiences.
What you’ll do
- Own operations and company planning globally in close collaboration with C-level, finance, product, marketing and engineering leadership
- Model our business and translating plans into tangible targets for all teams across Choco
- Analyse our business globally and coming up with strategic recommendations and support teams in implementing them
- Hold stakeholders globally accountable on their progress towards our targets
- Own other strategic cross-departmental projects and drive our go-to-market
What we’re looking for
- Analytical – You are very comfortable with data and always want to understand the key drivers of the business
- Business understanding – You are able to think about tactics as well as long-term business models and dynamics
- Structure – You love to break down problems and are driven by clarity and simplicity
- Technical – You have very strong modelling skills in Excel/Google Sheets
- Bias for action – You want to get things done and get things done fast
You impress us even more if you have
- Knowledge of SQL and experience in working with analytics tools such as Looker or Tableau
- Experience in operational/sales roles and in leading teams across functions
- Understanding of the F&B markets in Europe and US
What it’s like to work at Choco
Need a better idea of who we are? Take a video tour of our headquarters in Berlin.
Choco was founded in Berlin in 2018 and has since expanded to a team of over 400 committed Chocorians working from Choco offices in the US, France, Belgium, Germany, Austria, the UK, and Spain. Our ordering app is used by over 15K buyers and over 10K suppliers around the globe - processing hundreds of thousands of tons of food every month.
We raised over $280mn from some of the world’s best investors like Bessemer Venture Partners, Insight Partners, Coatue Management, and LeftLane Capital. We are the first unicorn to reduce food waste.
We’re working alongside those who built companies like Google, Facebook, Amazon, Uber, Rocket Internet, and more.
Choco is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage people from all backgrounds to apply. We are committed to ensuring that our technology is available and accessible to everyone. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.