Global Operations Manager, AM (w/m/d)
To solve one of our generation's largest problems, we need the world’s best talent.
Our vision is to enable a sustainable food system. Our technology is already enabling thousands of restaurants, wholesalers, and producers across 7 countries to operate waste-free and efficiently. Yet, this is a drop into the ocean. We just started. Our goal to connect the global food system is extremely ambitious and complex. A problem of this magnitude and complexity requires a massive scale and only the best people will be able to solve it. We are gathering the best people globally together in order to succeed in our mission. Are you in?
For us, it is always team-first. Teams in which everyone subordinates their individual success to the team's success will win against teams that don't. Can you put your ego aside?
We are looking for the hungry underdogs that will rather fail than not try. We look for humility because it makes us learn faster. And we look for people who understand that hard work is necessary and that shortcuts don’t exist. We are playing the long game and want to build a truly generational company.
Our mission requires us to be fast. We believe that urgency is a mindset. We look for people who act with speed in everything they do, yet never lose sight of the bigger picture.
Fun plays an important role. We want to succeed and celebrate when we do. It is important to us that our people form real bonds in and outside of work.
We have no small plans, we are assembling a championship team, with people that take real ownership of our company’s long-term success. If you feel this is for you, then deep inside you, you might be already one of us.
See what we’ve been up to: bit.ly/3BX0kYj
Meet your team
As our Global Operations Manager focused on Account Management, you will join the global operations team in our HQ in Berlin. The team sets frameworks, defines processes and owns tools to enable our regional operations teams to have a relevant impact in their markets. In addition, the team works in a cross-functional manner with our product, engineering and marketing teams.
In this position, you are the core of our account management function globally. You define and implement the future of our buyer-facing account management function. Your ultimate goal will be to improve cohort retention internationally by working with our regional account management teams.
What you’ll do
- Define and implement frameworks and processes for the future of our restaurant-facing account management function globally
- Drive accountability around retention topics and enable our regional account managers to excel
- Own cross-functional collaboration between our product and regional operations teams
- Push topics from strategic ideation to hands-on implementation and global roll-out
- Work closely with senior management in operational functions and regions to create a great customer experience
What we’re looking for
- Pragmatic and super strong execution skills
- Experience working on cross-functional, international teams
- In depth understanding of account management and retention management in B2B environments
- 2+ years of experience with a mixture of consulting or IB and operations of a high-growth environment
You impress us even more if you have
- Understanding of and previous experience in the restaurant industry
- Experience in SME and enterprise account management
- Technical excellence in Excel/Sheet and SQL
- Fluency in French, German, or Spanish
What it’s like to work at Choco
Need a better idea of who we are? Take a video tour of our headquarters in Berlin.
Choco was founded in Berlin in 2018 and has since expanded to a team of over 400 committed Chocorians working from Choco offices in the US, France, Belgium, Germany, Austria, the UK, and Spain. Our ordering app is used by over 15K buyers and over 10K suppliers around the globe - processing hundreds of thousands of tons of food every month.
We raised over $280mn from some of the world’s best investors like Bessemer Venture Partners, Insight Partners, Coatue Management, and LeftLane Capital. We are the first unicorn to reduce food waste.
We’re working alongside those who built companies like Google, Facebook, Amazon, Uber, Rocket Internet, and more.
Choco is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage people from all backgrounds to apply. We are committed to ensuring that our technology is available and accessible to everyone. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.