Vendor Growth Manager
To solve one of our generation's largest problems, we need the world’s best talent.
Our vision is to enable a sustainable food system. Our technology is already enabling thousands of restaurants, wholesalers, and producers across 7 countries to operate waste-free and efficiently. Yet, this is a drop into the ocean. We just started. Our goal to connect the global food system is extremely ambitious and complex. A problem of this magnitude and complexity requires a massive scale and only the best people will be able to solve it. We are gathering the best people globally together in order to succeed in our mission. Are you in?
For us, it is always team-first. Teams in which everyone subordinates their individual success to the team's success will win against teams that don't. Can you put your ego aside?
We are looking for the hungry underdogs that will rather fail than not try. We look for humility because it makes us learn faster. And we look for people who understand that hard work is necessary and that shortcuts don’t exist. We are playing the long game and want to build a truly generational company.
Our mission requires us to be fast. We believe that urgency is a mindset. We look for people who act with speed in everything they do, yet never lose sight of the bigger picture.
Fun plays an important role. We want to succeed and celebrate when we do. It is important to us that our people form real bonds in and outside of work.
We have no small plans, we are assembling a championship team, with people that take real ownership of our company’s long-term success. If you feel this is for you, then deep inside you, you might be already one of us.
See what we’ve been up to: bit.ly/3BX0kYj
Meet your team
The Vendor Growth Team at Choco strives to ensure vendor success throughout the partnership lifecycle, starting from onboarding and product implementation all the way to long-term growth. You will independently manage the execution of deals and partnerships that we’ve closed with vendors and report into the Vendor Growth Team Lead.
Due to the highly collaborative nature of our business (and the fact that we enjoy spending time together), this is primarily an in-office position in London.
What you'll do
- Manage and own the execution of premium vendor partnerships being directly responsible for the revenue generated from each deal
- Support vendor sales managers as they enter the negotiation stage and take ownership of the relationship once commercial agreements have been signed; you will be the daily point of contact to set up the partnership for success
- Prepare and lead trainings for new partners to ensure a seamless onboarding process
- Work closely with and guide the restaurant sales team as they set up vendors’ buyers on Choco
- Liaising between your partners and cross-functional internal teams, such as integrations, to ensure timely delivery of our solutions according to our partners’ needs
- Share vendor learnings and feedback with the product and marketing team to help drive activities towards acquisition and engagement
Who we’re looking for
- 2-4 years of experience in an externally-facing project management role
- You have a strong work ethic with the motivation to always improve and grow for yourself and the team
- You have a can-do attitude, are willing to roll up your sleeves and get stuff done
- You are an amazing relationship builder and natural communicator who is comfortable articulating complex technical solutions to internal and external stakeholders
- You are able to understand a problem, get the crux of an issue quickly and implement solutions proactively
- You have strong attention to detail, set and maintain high standards
- You are a huge team player and have a team-first mentality
- Fluent English communicator (written & spoken)
Choco was founded in Berlin in 2018 and has since expanded to a team of over 400 committed Chocorians working from Choco offices in the US, France, Belgium, Germany, Austria, the UK, and Spain. Our ordering app is used by over 15K buyers and over 10K suppliers around the globe - processing hundreds of thousands of tons of food every month.
We raised over $280mn from some of the world’s best investors like Bessemer Venture Partners, Insight Partners, Coatue Management, and LeftLane Capital. We are the first unicorn to reduce food waste.
We’re working alongside those who built companies like Google, Facebook, Amazon, Uber, Rocket Internet, and more.
Choco is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage people from all backgrounds to apply. We are committed to ensuring that our technology is available and accessible to everyone. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.