Inside Sales Manager
To solve one of our generation's largest problems, we need the world’s best talent.
Our vision is to enable a sustainable food system. Our technology is already enabling thousands of restaurants, wholesalers, and producers across 7 countries to operate waste-free and efficiently. Yet, this is a drop into the ocean. We just started. Our goal to connect the global food system is extremely ambitious and complex. A problem of this magnitude and complexity requires a massive scale and only the best people will be able to solve it. We are gathering the best people globally together in order to succeed in our mission. Are you in?
For us, it is always team-first. Teams in which everyone subordinates their individual success to the team's success will win against teams that don't. Can you put your ego aside?
We are looking for the hungry underdogs that will rather fail than not try. We look for humility because it makes us learn faster. And we look for people who understand that hard work is necessary and that shortcuts don’t exist. We are playing the long game and want to build a truly generational company.
Our mission requires us to be fast. We believe that urgency is a mindset. We look for people who act with speed in everything they do, yet never lose sight of the bigger picture.
Fun plays an important role. We want to succeed and celebrate when we do. It is important to us that our people form real bonds in and outside of work.
We have no small plans, we are assembling a championship team, with people that take real ownership of our company’s long-term success. If you feel this is for you, then deep inside you, you might be already one of us.
See what we’ve been up to: bit.ly/3BX0kYj
We are looking for an experienced Inside Sales Manager to oversee and support our Inside Sales team. The Inside Sales Manager will monitor sales metrics and manage the entire sales administration process through data-driven methodologies. They will collaborate with various functions and must have excellent communication skills, feel comfortable working in a team environment and be highly adaptable. They should also be able to hire, onboard, train, lead and motivate the sales team to consistently achieve goals.
Due to the highly collaborative nature of our business (and the fact that we enjoy spending time together), this is primarily an in-office position in London.
- Works closely with leadership to set and track sales targets for the team.
- Suggests and implements improvements in the sales administration process.
- Prepare weekly and monthly forecasts and plans to meet targets.
- Oversee customer onboardings for premium partnerships and provide leadership with weekly status comments and plan to goal.
- Generate and monitor reporting to optimize team performance to plan.
- Coach, train and monitor performance of individual contributors.
- Work cross-functionally to improve customer onboarding quality and efficiency.
- Ensuring sales, finance, and legal policies and procedures are met.
- 3-5 years as an Inside Sales Manager or similar management roles.
- Ability to hire, lead, motivate and develop a high performance sales team.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Strong organizational skills with a problem-solving attitude.
- Extensive experience with CRM software (e.g. Salesforce) and MS Excel.
- Ability to create high-quality reporting / dashboards.
- Ability to interpret sales performance data and make appropriate adjustments.
- Exceptional customer-focused approach while driving results.
- Ability to roll up sleeves and get things done.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent.
Choco was founded in Berlin in 2018 and has since expanded to a team of over 400 committed Chocorians working from Choco offices in the US, France, Belgium, Germany, Austria, the UK, and Spain. Our ordering app is used by over 15K buyers and over 10K suppliers around the globe - processing hundreds of thousands of tons of food every month.
We raised over $280mn from some of the world’s best investors like Bessemer Venture Partners, Insight Partners, Coatue Management, and LeftLane Capital. We are the first unicorn to reduce food waste.
We’re working alongside those who built companies like Google, Facebook, Amazon, Uber, Rocket Internet, and more.
Choco is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage people from all backgrounds to apply. We are committed to ensuring that our technology is available and accessible to everyone. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.