To solve one of our generation's largest problems, we need the world’s best talent.
Our vision is to enable a sustainable food system. Our technology is already enabling thousands of restaurants, wholesalers, and producers across 7 countries to operate waste-free and efficiently. Yet, this is a drop into the ocean. We just started. Our goal to connect the global food system is extremely ambitious and complex. A problem of this magnitude and complexity requires a massive scale and only the best people will be able to solve it. We are gathering the best people globally together in order to succeed in our mission. Are you in?
For us, it is always team-first. Teams in which everyone subordinates their individual success to the team's success will win against teams that don't. Can you put your ego aside?
We are looking for the hungry underdogs that will rather fail than not try. We look for humility because it makes us learn faster. And we look for people who understand that hard work is necessary and that shortcuts don’t exist. We are playing the long game and want to build a truly generational company.
Our mission requires us to be fast. We believe that urgency is a mindset. We look for people who act with speed in everything they do, yet never lose sight of the bigger picture.
Fun plays an important role. We want to succeed and celebrate when we do. It is important to us that our people form real bonds in and outside of work.
We have no small plans, we are assembling a championship team, with people that take real ownership of our company’s long-term success. If you feel this is for you, then deep inside you, you might be already one of us.
See what we’ve been up to: bit.ly/3BX0kYj
Meet your team
Our Operations team in the United States has resiliently grown with our users (restaurants, cafes, bars, etc.) throughout the past few years. Joining a strong department of Inside Sales Associates, Account Managers, and Implementation Managers, our Vendor Account Executives will be challenged to negotiate and close partnership deals end-to-end, build long-lasting relationships that fuel our growth with qualified leads, and play a vital role in bringing Choco to the next level.
This position is available to sit remotely out of the Greater Boston Area area with requirement to travel from 10% to 20%.
What you will do:
- Take complete ownership of the full sales cycle, leveraging your existing networks and accounts and cold-outreaching prospects to identify ideal-fit suppliers, lead discovery and demo meetings, negotiate and execute contracts, and handoff onboarding to our Customer Success team
- Help prioritize business opportunities and develop action plans to achieve set goals (acquisition of new suppliers, the closing of premium contracts, and long-term relationship building)
- Create long-term business partnerships, as suppliers are a multiplier for the company’s growth
- Maintain a thorough understanding of the industry, seasonality, and business trends/events, and continually monitor competitor/industry developments
- Think outside of the box and present new ideas, processes, and opportunities that exceed customer expectations and make for a best-in-class experience
- Travel ~2x a month to visit customers
What we’re looking for:
- You have 3+ years of proven sales experience in SaaS, exceeding target
- You are ready to build a generational company, and you want to solve food-waste
- You always put team success over individual success
- You are humble, enjoy learning and receiving feedback
- You take true end-to-end ownership of everything you’re working on
- You’re ambitious and can showcase proven resilience
- You’re fast, enjoy hitting deadlines, and see projects through to completion
- You are a scrappy, intrinsically motivated, self-starter
- You have exceptional time management, organizational capabilities, and attention to detail
- The compensation range (OTE) for this position is $175,000. - $250,000. The actual compensation offered depends on the qualifications of the individual applicant for the position, years of relevant experience, specific and unique skills, level of education attained, certifications or other professional licenses held, and geographic location in which the applicant lives and/or from which they will be performing the job.
Choco was founded in Berlin in 2018 and has since expanded to a team of over 400 committed Chocorians working from Choco offices in the US, France, Belgium, Germany, Austria, the UK, and Spain. Our ordering app is used by over 15K buyers and over 10K suppliers around the globe - processing hundreds of thousands of tons of food every month.
We raised over $280mn from some of the world’s best investors like Bessemer Venture Partners, Insight Partners, Coatue Management, and LeftLane Capital. We are the first unicorn to reduce food waste.
We’re working alongside those who built companies like Google, Facebook, Amazon, Uber, Rocket Internet, and more.
Choco is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage people from all backgrounds to apply. We are committed to ensuring that our technology is available and accessible to everyone. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.