To solve one of our generation's largest problems, we need the world’s best talent.
Our vision is to enable a sustainable food system. Our technology is already enabling thousands of restaurants, wholesalers, and producers across 7 countries to operate waste-free and efficiently. Yet, this is a drop into the ocean. We just started. Our goal to connect the global food system is extremely ambitious and complex. A problem of this magnitude and complexity requires a massive scale and only the best people will be able to solve it. We are gathering the best people globally together in order to succeed in our mission. Are you in?
For us, it is always team-first. Teams in which everyone subordinates their individual success to the team's success will win against teams that don't. Can you put your ego aside?
We are looking for the hungry underdogs that will rather fail than not try. We look for humility because it makes us learn faster. And we look for people who understand that hard work is necessary and that shortcuts don’t exist. We are playing the long game and want to build a truly generational company.
Our mission requires us to be fast. We believe that urgency is a mindset. We look for people who act with speed in everything they do, yet never lose sight of the bigger picture.
Fun plays an important role. We want to succeed and celebrate when we do. It is important to us that our people form real bonds in and outside of work.
We have no small plans, we are assembling a championship team, with people that take real ownership of our company’s long-term success. If you feel this is for you, then deep inside you, you might be already one of us.
See what we’ve been up to: bit.ly/3BX0kYj
Meet your team
Join our dynamic Vendor Growth Team at Choco and be a key player in shaping the success of our vendor partnerships. At Choco, we're passionate about ensuring our vendors' triumphs, from the exciting onboarding stage to a long and prosperous partnership. We are on the lookout for a talented individual to make a significant impact in this role.
At Choco, we believe in the power of coming together as a team. While there is flexibility to work from home on some days, our focus is on fostering collaboration, innovation, and creativity in our office-first environment. You will be part of a vibrant, supportive community dedicated to driving excellence.
The role & responsibilities
As a vital member of our team, you'll have the opportunity to:
- Own Vendor Relationships: You will take the reins on newly signed vendor partnerships, ensuring a smooth and successful journey from day one.
- Seamless Vendor Onboarding: Lead the charge in preparing and delivering training for our external users, guaranteeing that our vendors are onboarded effortlessly.
- Vendor Point of Contact: You will be the go-to person for our valued vendors, providing them with unparalleled support and guidance.
- Synergize with Internal Stakeholders: Collaborate closely with Sales, Technical, and Back-office teams to orchestrate restaurant onboarding and supercharge Choco's adoption among them.
- Driving Growth Through Insights: Share valuable insights and feedback from our vendors with our product and marketing teams to steer our efforts toward enhanced acquisition and engagement.
Who we’re looking for
We're seeking a motivated individual with the following qualifications:
- 2-4 years of experience in Customer Onboarding, Account Management, Project Management, or SaaS Sales.
- Industry knowledge: While experience in the food industry is not mandatory, it can be a valuable plus, showcasing your adaptability and understanding of the unique dynamics in this sector.
- Stakeholder management: Proven experience in managing both internal and external stakeholders.
- Communication: An open and natural communicator who excels at explaining technical solutions in both Spanish and English
- Technical Acumen: A proven track record in implementing integrations and product roll-outs.
- Sales Enthusiast: A sales mentality with a knack for leveraging partnerships to uncover new revenue opportunities.
- Data-driven: A data-driven mindset focusing on finding solutions and executing them effectively.
- Strong Work Ethic: A strong work ethic with the motivation and determination to continually improve and succeed.
What it’s like to work at Choco
Need a better idea of who we are? Take a video tour of our headquarters in Berlin.
Choco was founded in Berlin in 2018 and has since expanded to a team of over 400 committed Chocorians working from Choco offices in the US, France, Belgium, Germany, Austria, the UK, and Spain. Our ordering app is used by over 15K buyers and over 10K suppliers around the globe - processing hundreds of thousands of tons of food every month.
We raised over $280mn from some of the world’s best investors like Bessemer Venture Partners, Insight Partners, Coatue Management, and LeftLane Capital. We are the first unicorn to reduce food waste.
We’re working alongside those who built companies like Google, Facebook, Amazon, Uber, Rocket Internet, and more.
Choco is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage people from all backgrounds to apply. We are committed to ensuring that our technology is available and accessible to everyone. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.