Sales Development Representative
To solve one of our generation's largest problems, we need the world’s best talent.
Our vision is to enable a sustainable food system. Our technology is already enabling thousands of restaurants, wholesalers, and producers across 7 countries to operate waste-free and efficiently. Yet, this is a drop into the ocean. We just started. Our goal to connect the global food system is extremely ambitious and complex. A problem of this magnitude and complexity requires a massive scale and only the best people will be able to solve it. We are gathering the best people globally together in order to succeed in our mission. Are you in?
For us, it is always team-first. Teams in which everyone subordinates their individual success to the team's success will win against teams that don't. Can you put your ego aside?
We are looking for the hungry underdogs that will rather fail than not try. We look for humility because it makes us learn faster. And we look for people who understand that hard work is necessary and that shortcuts don’t exist. We are playing the long game and want to build a truly generational company.
Our mission requires us to be fast. We believe that urgency is a mindset. We look for people who act with speed in everything they do, yet never lose sight of the bigger picture.
Fun plays an important role. We want to succeed and celebrate when we do. It is important to us that our people form real bonds in and outside of work.
We have no small plans, we are assembling a championship team, with people that take real ownership of our company’s long-term success. If you feel this is for you, then deep inside you, you might be already one of us.
See what we’ve been up to: bit.ly/3BX0kYj
We are an office-first company. Of course, you will be able to work from home on some days, but we spend most of our time together.
Meet the team:
We are seeking a highly motivated and results-driven Sales Development Representative (SDR) to join our growing team in the United States. The SDR will play a crucial role in identifying and qualifying potential customers, generating leads, and setting appointments for our sales team. If you are passionate about technology, food, and sales, and want to be part of a company that's changing the way the world sources food, we want to hear from you.
- Proactively prospect and identify potential customers by researching and qualifying leads.
- Conduct outbound calls, emails, and other outreach methods to engage with prospects.
- Build and maintain a pipeline of qualified leads for the Vendor Sales/Account Executive team.
- Educate prospects about Choco's products and services, addressing their needs and pain points.
- Set up appointments and demonstrations for the sales team with interested prospects.
- Collaborate with the marketing team to develop and refine messaging and campaigns.
- Document and maintain accurate records of interactions and lead status in CRM software.
- Stay up-to-date with industry trends and product knowledge to effectively communicate our value proposition.
- Meet and exceed monthly and quarterly targets for lead generation and qualification.
The ideal candidate:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience.
- 1 to 3 years of experience in sales development, telemarketing, or related roles.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal and relationship-building skills.
- Self-motivated, driven, and results-oriented.
- A passion for the food industry and a desire to contribute to its transformation.
Nice to Have:
- Experience in a fast growing company
- Experience using CRM systems like Salesforce
Choco was founded in Berlin in 2018 and has since expanded to a team of over 400 committed Chocorians working from Choco offices in the US, France, Belgium, Germany, Austria, the UK, and Spain. Our ordering app is used by over 15K buyers and over 10K suppliers around the globe - processing hundreds of thousands of tons of food every month.
We raised over $280mn from some of the world’s best investors like Bessemer Venture Partners, Insight Partners, Coatue Management, and LeftLane Capital. We are the first unicorn to reduce food waste.
We’re working alongside those who built companies like Google, Facebook, Amazon, Uber, Rocket Internet, and more.
Choco is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage people from all backgrounds to apply. We are committed to ensuring that our technology is available and accessible to everyone. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.