To solve one of our generation's largest problems, we need the world’s best talent.
Our vision is to enable a sustainable food system. Our technology is already enabling thousands of restaurants, wholesalers, and producers across 7 countries to operate waste-free and efficiently. Yet, this is a drop into the ocean. We just started. Our goal to connect the global food system is extremely ambitious and complex. A problem of this magnitude and complexity requires a massive scale and only the best people will be able to solve it. We are gathering the best people globally together in order to succeed in our mission. Are you in?
For us, it is always team-first. Teams in which everyone subordinates their individual success to the team's success will win against teams that don't. Can you put your ego aside?
We are looking for the hungry underdogs that will rather fail than not try. We look for humility because it makes us learn faster. And we look for people who understand that hard work is necessary and that shortcuts don’t exist. We are playing the long game and want to build a truly generational company.
Our mission requires us to be fast. We believe that urgency is a mindset. We look for people who act with speed in everything they do, yet never lose sight of the bigger picture.
Fun plays an important role. We want to succeed and celebrate when we do. It is important to us that our people form real bonds in and outside of work.
We have no small plans, we are assembling a championship team, with people that take real ownership of our company’s long-term success. If you feel this is for you, then deep inside you, you might be already one of us.
See what we’ve been up to: bit.ly/3BX0kYj
Meet your team
You will join a team of talented Solutions Engineers to ensure we are providing best in class customer service and technical solutions to our clients. As our brand continues to grow, it’s extremely important for our Solutions Engineering team to quickly and efficiently deploy and implement technical solutions that meet our client’s goals, in conjunction with our sales and success teams.
As the Solutions Engineer, you will be responsible for owning your own projects/clients and providing a high level of technical excellence while delivering great customer service. This individual will collaborate closely with sales, implementation managers, product and engineers to ensure we are providing a best in class experience.
As an office-first company, you’ll participate in our weekly face-to-face days (3 days a week). We’ve found that spending time together as a team enables collaboration, participation, and engagement that leads to innovation, faster execution, and shared ownership. Plus, we see the value of camaraderie and genuinely enjoy our time together.
What you’ll do
- Responsible for the technical relationship with customers and prospects and works closely with our sales and success teams to identify and communicate solutions to meet customers' business needs.
- Lead meetings such as kick-off calls and weekly project updates to provide expert knowledge and answer technical questions to ensure customer satisfaction and lead to a smooth transition to Customer Success
- Respond to advanced product and technical questions and questionnaires in a precise and timely manner.
- Document technical considerations and contribute to internal knowledge bases as a resource for other teams, customers, and partners
- Represent Solutions Engineering team in internal and external technical forums
- Handle enterprise contracts and partnerships
What we’re looking for
- You are humble, driven and a team player.
- You are customer obsessed, and understand the complexities of product integrations for SMB and Enterprise customers
- You have strong project management experience and have managed multiple complex enterprise projects from inception to completion
- You thrive in complexity, ambiguity and unknowns. You are unafraid to ask questions and challenge the status quo. You have the right intuition, but back your ideas up with data.
- You are an excellent communicator, and know how to influence up, down and across the organization
- Experience as Technical Sales Engineer or Solutions Engineer
- You have strong knowledge of APIs, integrations, and SSO/SCIM
Choco was founded in Berlin in 2018 and has since expanded to a team of over 400 committed Chocorians working from Choco offices in the US, France, Belgium, Germany, Austria, the UK, and Spain. Our ordering app is used by over 15K buyers and over 10K suppliers around the globe - processing hundreds of thousands of tons of food every month.
We raised over $280mn from some of the world’s best investors like Bessemer Venture Partners, Insight Partners, Coatue Management, and LeftLane Capital. We are the first unicorn to reduce food waste.
We’re working alongside those who built companies like Google, Facebook, Amazon, Uber, Rocket Internet, and more.
Choco is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage people from all backgrounds to apply. We are committed to ensuring that our technology is available and accessible to everyone. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.