Senior Visual Designer
GlossGenius is building an ecosystem enabling entrepreneurs to succeed. We empower small business owners to focus on being creators, not admins, by offering a range of business management tools including booking and scheduling, marketing, analytics, payment processing and much more.
Tens of thousands of small business owners have chosen to rely on GlossGenius every day to run their entire set of business operations. With its powerful, intuitive platform, GlossGenius is some part a fintech company, some part an SMB software company, while its vibrant, distinguished brand makes it some part a consumer company.
About the Role
As an early member of the GlossGenius Creative organization, you will be responsible for executing on the visual identity and creative strategy for all facets of the GlossGenius brand. You will be responsible for the creative that is bringing the GlossGenius brand to life across a diverse set of channels. You will work cross-functionally to translate business objectives into creative strategies — and generate ideas for new, innovative creative initiatives, performance campaigns, brand campaigns and programs for our growing customer base.
You can work from our NYC office or work remotely from anywhere in the continental United States.
As an early member of the GlossGenius Creative organization, you will be responsible for executing on the visual identity and creative strategy for all facets of the GlossGenius brand. You will be responsible for the creative that is bringing the GlossGenius brand to life across a diverse set of channels. You’re a design fundamentalist who can approach projects with a rational and innovative mindset. You will work cross-functionally to translate business objectives into creative strategies — and generate ideas for new, innovative creative initiatives, performance campaigns, brand campaigns and programs for our growing customer base.
What You’ll Do
- Be a hands-on aesthetic champion and guardian of the GlossGenius brand
- Create designs for internal and external needs, including sales & marketing materials, internal facing assets, partnership collateral, and more
- Partner with Product Design to build and ensure visual coherence across the organization
- Develop multi-faceted, best-in-class, design deliverables, from brand audits to visual identities
- Build cohesive design systems that work cross-platform along with comprehensive design guidelines and specifications for the teams
- Deliver inspiring, provocative, and disruptive designs on large and small tasks based on a brief in short amounts of time
- Rapidly produce multiple concepts, knowing when to apply pixel-perfect attention to detail and when to make low-fi sketches and prototypes
What We’re Looking for
- 5+ years of professional brand design experience; ideally a mix of agency and in-house roles
- An impeccable eye for design and visual details, willing to push beyond the status quo, while ensuring a quality, cutting-edge, final product
- A strong portfolio demonstrating impeccable craft including considered typography, color, layout and technical awareness
- You can seamlessly shift between disciplines – from visual design to brand thinking and product design collaboration
- Experience building identity systems or evolving brand guidelines to adapt them into multiple touchpoints or channels
- Comfortable explaining technical design and research behind them.
- Proficiency with Adobe Creative Suite and Figma
- You have some art direction experience working with external partners
Benefits & Perks
- Flexible PTO
- Competitive health & dental insurance options, with premiums partially covered by GG
- Fertility and adoption benefits via Carrot and Kindbody
- Generous, fully-paid parental leave policy
- 401k benefit - employees are eligible to contribute starting day 1 of employment
- Professional Development - employees receive a yearly stipend for approved learning and educational-related expenses
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- Dependent Care FSA
- Home office support
- Team Bonding opportunities - annual company retreat for entire team, plus virtual events throughout the year
The starting base salary for this role in New York, California, and Washington is between $94,000-$135,000 + target equity + benefits. The base salary offered is dependent upon many factors including skills, experience, location, and education. The base pay range is subject to change and may be modified in the future.
Additionally, this role is currently eligible to participate in GlossGenius’s equity plan as well as a range of health & wellbeing, retirement savings, and other benefits within our total rewards offering.
In order to enter the NY office or participate in any in-person events, all employees must show proof of vaccination against COVID-19. For those individuals who are unable to be vaccinated, GlossGenius will engage in an interactive process to determine a reasonable accommodation.
At GlossGenius, we celebrate our differences and are committed to creating a workplace where all employees feel supported and empowered to do their best work. We believe this benefits not only our employees but our product, customers, and community as well. GlossGenius is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer.
Something looks off?