IT Support Engineer
GlossGenius is building an ecosystem enabling entrepreneurs to succeed. We empower small business owners to focus on being creators, not admins, by offering a range of business management tools including booking and scheduling, marketing, analytics, payment processing and much more.
Tens of thousands of small business owners have chosen to rely on GlossGenius every day to run their entire set of business operations. With its powerful, intuitive platform, GlossGenius is some part a fintech company, some part an SMB software company, while its vibrant, distinguished brand makes it some part a consumer company.
About the Role
As an IT Support Engineer and sole IT professional, you will wear many hats to help GlossGenius achieve its technical needs. Tactical task management skills and strategic thinking and input are both needed for you to succeed. You will work as a consultant to the entire business: looking for ways to bring IT solutions to solve business needs while understanding diverse perspectives. You will implement systems and best practices to maintain and grow our culture of security as we scale. You will operate with a mindset of urgency around solving our employees’ technological challenges. You will report to the Chief of Staff.
What You’ll Do
- Define, design, and implement IT processes, policies, and procedures that are repeatable, scalable, and secure.
- Onboard and offboard employees, including equipment deployment, account creation, and software management.
- Build and deploy training and tools to maintain a culture of security at GlossGenius.
- Provide user support for issues through our full suite of technology: Mac hardware and software, Google Workspace, and a portfolio of SaaS applications.
- Bring our existing stack of technology into Okta, improve utilization of SSO, and maintain access through time.
- Drive greater efficiency of our predominantly remote team through improved tooling – both improved utilization of existing tooling, and evaluation of new tooling.
- Partner with our finance team to thoughtfully and proactively manage spend.
- Act in an on-call capacity and assist in production issues when necessary
What We’re Looking For
- Expertise with Mac OS and Google Workspace support.
- Experience administering Okta or other SSO platforms.
- Comfortable in a command line environment such as bash or zsh.
- Some scripting or programming experience.
- Solid understanding of IT fundamentals and data security practices. Security is paramount.
- Proven ability to troubleshoot and resolve hardware and software issues.
- Experience managing projects with multiple non-technical stakeholders.
- Demonstrated empathetic and people-first customer service skills.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and spoken.
- 3+ years of IT Support experience.
- Experience administering Jira.
- MDM experience with Jamf, Kandji or other Mac-focused MDMs.
- Experience partnering with Finance on vendor negotiations.
- Experiencing evaluating, installing, and supporting conferencing equipment.
Benefits & Perks
- Flexible PTO
- Competitive health & dental insurance options, with premiums partially covered by GG
- Fertility and adoption benefits via Carrot and Kindbody
- Generous, fully-paid parental leave policy
- 401k benefit - employees are eligible to contribute starting day 1 of employment
- Professional Development - employees receive a yearly stipend for approved learning and educational-related expenses
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- Dependent Care FSA
- Home office support
- Team Bonding opportunities - annual company retreat for entire team, plus virtual events throughout the year
The starting base salary for this role in New York, California, and Washington is between *$83,000 to $110,000* *+ target equity + benefits. The base salary offered is dependent upon many factors including skills, experience, location, and education. The base pay range is subject to change and may be modified in the future. *
Additionally, this role is currently eligible to participate in GlossGenius’s equity plan as well as a range of health & wellbeing, retirement savings, and other benefits within our total rewards offering.
In order to enter the NY office or participate in any in-person events, all employees must show proof of vaccination against COVID-19. For those individuals who are unable to be vaccinated, GlossGenius will engage in an interactive process to determine a reasonable accommodation.
At GlossGenius, we celebrate our differences and are committed to creating a workplace where all employees feel supported and empowered to do their best work. We believe this benefits not only our employees but our product, customers, and community as well. GlossGenius is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer.
Something looks off?