Inside Sales Manager
GlossGenius is an all-in-one solution that over 40,000 customers within the beauty and wellness industry rely on to manage their critical business needs. We like to think of ourselves as a business-in-a-box solution, tailored to the professionals we serve.
Our powerful yet easy-to-use app offers a range of business management tools such as booking and scheduling, advanced marketing, insightful analytics, payment processing, stunning card readers, web hosting – the list goes on. Our mission as a company is to empower small business owners to get back to what they love doing – their creative work – instead of the overwhelming administrative tasks that come with running a business.
Since 2016, we’ve become an industry leader and disrupter, and we’re poised to continue capitalizing on the momentum our growing, talented team has created. We’re hyper-focused on continuing to evolve the best vertically-focused operating system to centralize the value chain in the beauty and wellness space. We have a proven product-market fit, a strong customer base, and a forward-thinking company culture propelling us into our next phase of growth.
About the Role
As the Inside Sales Manager, you will be key to the growth of GlossGenius. You will report to our Head of Sales and will be responsible for building, coaching and upleveling a team of Inside Sales Representatives who are dedicated to transforming the way beauty, health and wellness professionals are operating and reaching their full potential. You’ll lead the charge on strategic approaches to understanding our customer base’s unique needs, building out and optimizing all of our sales channels (inbound, outbound, and trialing) and setting standards for how your team operates. You will work hand in hand with our Go to Market and Customer Experience teams, synthesizing trends you’re seeing so we can iterate and constantly raise the bar. The work you do will have a direct impact on GlossGenius’s growth and ability to attract new customers as you streamline our sales functions and strategies.
You can work in our NYC headquarters or work remotely from anywhere in the continental United States.
What You’ll Do
- Hire, develop, and motivate a quota-exceeding sales team
- Train your team on effective discovery approaches, live demos, and approaching customer needs with a solutions-based mindset
- Build out and optimize all of our sales channels: inbound, outbound, and trialing
- Strategically use technology to drive productivity, analyze trends, and learn from data
- Implement new technologies and determine best practices for use
What We’re Looking For
- At least 1 year of management experience
- 4+ years of overall sales experience in some capacity, whether it is in closing or management
- Experience implementing new tools such as Hubspot, Salesforce, Outreach and Gong
- Experience putting together coaching plans and hiring and building out a team
- Customer-centric mindset with a high sense of urgency and ability to inspire and motivate those around them
- A passion for leading through change in a high-paced, fast-changing, and sometimes ambiguous work environment - motivated by that constant change and excited about experimenting and learning fast
- Enjoys solving hard problems, getting things done, and finds genuine excitement in in striving toward ambitious goals and making a huge impact for SMB customers
- Self-motivated, creative, organized, and flexible with the ability to perform well under pressure
- Experience working in saas and startup environments preferred but not required
Benefits & Perks
- Flexible PTO
- Competitive health & dental insurance options, with premiums partially covered by GG
- Fertility and adoption benefits via Carrot and Kindbody
- Generous, fully-paid parental leave policy
- 401k benefit - employees are eligible to contribute starting day 1 of employment
- Professional Development - employees receive a yearly stipend for approved learning and educational-related expenses
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- Dependent Care FSA
- Home office support
- Team Bonding opportunities - annual company retreat for entire team, plus virtual events throughout the year
*The starting base salary for this role in New York, California, and Washington is between $80,000 to $95k + commission + target equity + benefits. The base salary offered is dependent upon many factors including skills, experience, location, and education. The base pay range is subject to change and may be modified in the future. *
Additionally, this role is currently eligible to participate in GlossGenius’s equity plan as well as a range of health & wellbeing, retirement savings, and other benefits within our total rewards offering.
In order to enter the NY office or participate in any in-person events, all employees must show proof of vaccination against COVID-19. For those individuals who are unable to be vaccinated, GlossGenius will engage in an interactive process to determine a reasonable accommodation.
At GlossGenius, we celebrate our differences and are committed to creating a workplace where all employees feel supported and empowered to do their best work. We believe this benefits not only our employees but our product, customers, and community as well. GlossGenius is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer.
Something looks off?