Senior Software Engineer, Platform
GlossGenius is building an ecosystem enabling entrepreneurs to succeed. We empower small business owners to focus on being creators, not admins, by offering a range of business management tools including booking and scheduling, marketing, analytics, payment processing and much more.
Tens of thousands of small business owners have chosen to rely on GlossGenius every day to run their entire set of business operations. With its powerful, intuitive platform, GlossGenius is some part a fintech company, some part an SMB software company, while its vibrant, distinguished brand makes it some part a consumer company.
About the Role
As a Senior Software Engineer, Platform, you are an experienced engineer who can solve technical and business problems faced by the team. You work well through ambiguous problems that require collaboration and coordination with other engineers and teams.
At GlossGenius, our Platform Engineering team provides software products, solutions, integrations, cloud infrastructure, and expertise that enable other engineering teams to focus on core development, as we scale to support hundreds of thousands of professionals booking millions of appointments and processing millions of payment transactions. This team focuses on everything from building resilient and robust infrastructure solutions, tooling for developer experience, and enabling more autonomous teams across engineering.
This role can be based remotely anywhere in the United States, Canada, or our NYC Office.
What You’ll Do
- Own projects end to end, from design to implementation, managing complexity and working with stakeholders to think through areas such as business impact, reliability, operability, and security.
- Collaborate with product managers, product design, or other cross-functional stakeholders on roadmap initiatives, product ideation, and prioritization. Break down epics and projects to consumable size for the team and continuous deployment.
- Produce high-quality code that’s easily testable, readable, and accounts for edge cases and errors.
- Architect tools, services, and systems using well accepted design patterns to allow for iterative autonomous development and future scaling.
- Uphold best practices and high standards for engineering and product quality in addition to mentoring newer team members to do the same.
- Participation in on-call rotation and helping to build autonomous teams across engineering.
What We’re Looking For
- 5+ years of experience working with cloud technologies in Platform Engineer, Production Engineer, Cloud Engineer, Site Reliability Engineer, or DevOps equivalent roles
- Demonstrated experience working with cloud platforms (AWS, GCP, Azure, etc), having designed, built, and maintained cloud platforms that run highly reliable, web-facing services
- Demonstrated experience with infrastructure-as-code principles and development
- Knowledge of IP networking, DNS, CDN, load balancing, HTTP, and firewalls
- Experience building and maintaining cloud-first monitoring, logging, and alerting infrastructure that support 24/7 enterprise platforms
- Experience with container technology using Docker and Kubernetes
- Experience writing high quality code in a high level programming language (e.g. Ruby, Go, Java, Rust, Typescript, Python)
Benefits & Perk
- Flexible PTO
- Competitive health & dental insurance options, with premiums covered by GG
- Generous, fully-paid parental leave policy
- Professional Development - employees receive a yearly stipend for approved learning and educational-related expenses
- Home office support
- Team Bonding opportunities - annual company retreat for entire team, plus virtual events throughout the year
In order to enter the NY office or participate in any in-person events, all employees must show proof of vaccination against COVID-19. For those individuals who are unable to be vaccinated, GlossGenius will engage in an interactive process to determine a reasonable accommodation.
At GlossGenius, we celebrate our differences and are committed to creating a workplace where all employees feel supported and empowered to do their best work. We believe this benefits not only our employees but our product, customers, and community as well. GlossGenius is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer.
Something looks off?