Engineering Manager, Teams
GlossGenius is building an ecosystem enabling entrepreneurs to succeed. We empower small business owners to focus on being creators, not admins, by offering a range of business management tools including booking and scheduling, marketing, analytics, payment processing and much more.
Tens of thousands of small business owners have chosen to rely on GlossGenius every day to run their entire set of business operations. With its powerful, intuitive platform, GlossGenius is some part a fintech company, some part an SMB software company, while its vibrant, distinguished brand makes it some part a consumer company.
About the Role
As an Engineering Manager at GlossGenius, you are responsible for growing, managing, and mentoring a team of engineers within our product engineering organization. As an engineering leader, you will collaborate closely with both engineering and product leaders and own the technical strategy and roadmap of your team.
We’ve built a great product that empowers tens of thousands of solopreneurs and business owners to run and grow their businesses efficiently - customers love our product (4.7+ stars in the App Store!). As our customers continue to grow their businesses, our “Teams” team is focused on developing new products to enable GlossGenius to grow with them!
This role reports to our Head of Engineering, Francis, and can be based in our NYC Office or remote anywhere in the US.
What You’ll Do
- Be responsible for managing and growing a team of product engineers; you can view your team holistically and understand how to best utilize their skill sets, empowering them to deliver on their day to day engineering responsibilities as well as their long term career aspirations.
- Collaborate closely with product managers and other cross-functional teams to establish the long term technical and product vision and the smaller steps needed to get there.
- Prioritize, plan, and ensure alignment across your squad and other cross-functional business teams to execute on key initiates and drive business impact.
- Implement new and effective engineering processes that emphasize quality and progress on key product initiatives
- Partner with recruiting to build a high performing engineering team, you understand how to attract and retain top talent.
What We’re Looking For
- 7+ years of software engineering experience with 3+ years of experience as a people manager
- Proven ability to collaborate with product managers and designers to build plans, set expectations, and successfully deliver new 0 to 1 products and features
- A strong business acumen and customer-centric mindset
- Sound technical foundations, while this is not a hands-on coding role, you should still show sound foundational system design knowledge and be able to guide a team through a technical discussion
- Ability to recruit and build high performing teams to build the next generation of GlossGenius products!
- Previous experience as a frontend engineer or leading a full-stack / web focused team is a nice to have.
Benefits & Perks
- Flexible PTO
- Competitive health & dental insurance options, with premiums partially covered by GG
- Fertility and adoption benefits via Carrot and Kindbody
- Generous, fully-paid parental leave policy
- 401k benefit - employees are eligible to contribute starting day 1 of employment
- Professional Development - employees receive a yearly stipend for approved learning and educational-related expenses
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- Dependent Care FSA
- Home office support
- Team Bonding opportunities - annual company retreat for entire team, plus virtual events throughout the year
The starting base salary for this role in New York, California, and Washington is between $195,000-$230,000 + target equity + benefits. The base salary offered is dependent upon many factors including skills, experience, location, and education. The base pay range is subject to change and may be modified in the future.
Additionally, this role is currently eligible to participate in GlossGenius’s equity plan as well as a range of health & wellbeing, retirement savings, and other benefits within our total rewards offering.
In order to enter the NY office or participate in any in-person events, all employees must show proof of vaccination against COVID-19. For those individuals who are unable to be vaccinated, GlossGenius will engage in an interactive process to determine a reasonable accommodation.
At GlossGenius, we celebrate our differences and are committed to creating a workplace where all employees feel supported and empowered to do their best work. We believe this benefits not only our employees but our product, customers, and community as well. GlossGenius is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer.