Senior Software Engineer, Web (Colombia)
GlossGenius is building an ecosystem enabling entrepreneurs to succeed. We empower small business owners to focus on being creators, not admins, by offering a range of business management tools including booking and scheduling, marketing, analytics, payment processing and much more.
Tens of thousands of small business owners have chosen to rely on GlossGenius every day to run their entire set of business operations. With its powerful, intuitive platform, GlossGenius is some part a fin-tech company, some part an SMB software company, while its vibrant, distinguished brand makes it some part a consumer company.
About the Role
As a Senior Software Engineer, Web, you would be responsible for building intuitive experiences on the web. You will work hand in hand with product managers, product designers, and other engineers to create experiences that will both empower the over tens of thousands Service Professionals running their businesses on GlossGenius as well as provide their clients with a smooth and intuitive booking process.
This role is based in Colombia but remote within the country.
What You’ll Do
- Own projects end to end, from design to implementation, managing complexity and working with stakeholders to think through areas such as business impact, reliability, operability, and security.
- Collaborate with product managers, product design, or other cross-functional stakeholders on roadmap initiatives, product ideation, and prioritization. Break down epics and projects to consumable size for the team and continuous deployment.
- Produce high-quality code that’s easily testable, readable, and accounts for edge cases and errors.
- Architect tools, services, and systems using well accepted design patterns to allow for iterative autonomous development and future scaling.
- Uphold best practices and high standards for engineering and product quality in addition to mentoring newer team members to do the same.
What We’re Looking For
- 3+ years of experience in software engineering
- You have experience leading and owning end-to-end product development and impactful technology initiatives for organizations; you’re able to break down work into manageable tasks for a team and partner with operational teams to roll out changes that affect their workflow
- You have experience working in a collaborative environment involving different functions, stakeholders, and subject matter experts
- You have a desire to work in a fast paced environment, a bias for action, a passion for self-improvement, and helping to elevate and mentor those around you
- Proficiency in both spoken and written English
At GlossGenius, we celebrate our differences and are committed to creating a workplace where all employees feel supported and empowered to do their best work. We believe this benefits not only our employees but our product, customers, and community as well. GlossGenius is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer.