Business Development & Partnerships Manager
GlossGenius is building an ecosystem enabling entrepreneurs to succeed. We empower small business owners to focus on being creators, not admins, by offering a range of business management tools including booking and scheduling, marketing, analytics, payment processing and much more.
Tens of thousands of small business owners have chosen to rely on GlossGenius every day to run their entire set of business operations. With its powerful, intuitive platform, GlossGenius is some part a fintech company, some part an SMB software company, while its vibrant, distinguished brand makes it some part a consumer company.
About the Role
The Business Development & Partnerships team is responsible for enabling the business to achieve strategic goals through building and maintaining successful partnerships. In this role, you’ll be responsible for sourcing, evaluating and executing new partnerships with a focus on customer acquisition and increasing value for existing customers. In addition to sourcing new partners, you will play an integral role in building scalable frameworks and processes to enable the long term success of our partnerships.
You will report to the Chief of Staff, who leads Business Development & Partnerships and can work from our NYC office or work remotely anywhere in the US.
What You’ll Do
- Find, negotiate, and sign partners that support GlossGenius’s key objectives around brand presence, customer acquisition and value-creation for our customers
- Run tests to validate methods for driving partner success; build repeatable and scalable motions based on test results
- Manage relationships with existing partners to ensure all shared partnership goals are achieved
- Identify and navigate partner opportunities in new verticals as the company grows
- Mentor and coach team members; his role is not initially a management role, though management opportunities may arise as the team grows
What We’re Looking For
- 4-6 years of work experience; 2-3 years of experience in business development, partnerships, or related fields preferred but not required
- Passion and aptitude for creating mutually beneficial, strategic partnerships
- Experience managing ongoing account relationships and developing initiatives to increase success of those relationships
- Process-oriented and extremely organized; able to successfully scale efficient operations in ambiguous spaces
- Experience managing 1-2 people is a plus
Benefits & Perks
- Flexible PTO
- Competitive health & dental insurance options, with premiums partially covered by GlossGenius
- Fertility and adoption benefits via Carrot and Kindbody
- Generous, fully-paid parental leave policy
- 401k benefit - employees are eligible to contribute starting day 1 of employment
- Professional Development - employees receive a yearly stipend for approved learning and educational-related expenses
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- Dependent Care FSA
- Home office stipend
- Team Bonding opportunities - annual company retreat for entire team, plus virtual events throughout the year
The starting base salary for this role in New York, California, and Washington is between $120,000-$145,000 + bonus + target equity + benefits. The base salary offered is dependent upon many factors including skills, experience, location, and education. The base pay range is subject to change and may be modified in the future.
In order to enter the NY office or participate in any in-person events, all employees must show proof of vaccination against COVID-19. For those individuals who are unable to be vaccinated, GlossGenius will engage in an interactive process to determine a reasonable accommodation.
At GlossGenius, we celebrate our differences and are committed to creating a workplace where all employees feel supported and empowered to do their best work. We believe this benefits not only our employees but our product, customers, and community as well. GlossGenius is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer.