Lifecycle Marketing Manager
GlossGenius is building an ecosystem enabling entrepreneurs to succeed. We empower small business owners to focus on being creators, not admins, by offering a range of business management tools including booking and scheduling, marketing, analytics, payment processing and much more.
Tens of thousands of small business owners have chosen to rely on GlossGenius every day to run their entire set of business operations. With its powerful, intuitive platform, GlossGenius is some part a fintech company, some part an SMB software company, while its vibrant, distinguished brand makes it some part a consumer company.
About the Role
As the Lifecycle Marketing Lead, you will drive our touch points with users across the entire customer lifecycle. You’ll be responsible for building and optimizing the user onboarding flow and highlighting all the platform has to offer. You will get to flex your critical thinking, creative, analytical, and digital marketing skills and work cross-functionally with other marketers and members of the broader GG team.
You will report to the Head of Performance & Growth Marketing and can work from our NYC office or remotely from anywhere in the continental United States.
What You’ll Do
- Manage a strategic and integrated user engagement experience through lifecycle communications; own all user communications that go out from Marketing, Payments, Product, and Customer Experience teams
- Build and manage the customer-facing journey and its collateral through email, push notification, and in-app message campaigns to drive growth and retention
- Craft and execute strategy to deliver relevant communication to users based on user persona / segment and where we are targeting them in the user journey (e.g. onboarding, new feature adoption, business growth, etc.)
- Work with the sales team to deploy high response lead gen and ABM campaigns that drive growth for MQLs
- Conduct extensive A/B testing and experimentation in cross-channel marketing campaigns to optimize for conversion, feature engagement, and retention
- Strategize with Marketing, Product and Customer Experience teams to discover, prioritize and test opportunities for improved user engagement
- Create process to monitor new and existing lifecycle and retention campaign metrics and iterate quickly in response to metric movements including blacklists, unsubscribes, churn, deliverability, and others relating to database/business health
What We’re Looking For
- 4+ years of experience in a retention or lifecycle marketing role in SaaS (extra points if: selling to SMBs or a product-led B2B company with freemium / self-serve play), fintech, or strong B2C brand
- Demonstrated examples of onboarding, winback, retention and/or upsell campaigns you have executed from end-to-end
- Experience driving cross-channel campaigns across email, push, in-app message, and SMS
- Strong understanding of lifecycle experimentation: A/B testing, holdouts and incrementality reporting, journey/segmented tests
- Track record of producing high response, personalized content and creative in partnership with creative and product marketing teams
- Experience using a lifecycle marketing platform such as Iterable, Hubspot, Braze, etc.
- Familiarity with metrics like lead conversion, LTV, revenue per user, and churn and how to impact them
- Basic to intermediate skill with email HTML and mobile responsiveness
What You’ll Get
- Flexible PTO
- Competitive health & dental insurance options, with premiums partially covered by GG
- Fertility and adoption benefits via Carrot and Kindbody
- Generous, fully-paid parental leave policy
- 401k benefit - employees are eligible to contribute starting day 1 of employment
- Professional Development - employees receive a yearly stipend for approved learning and educational-related expenses
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- Dependent Care FSA
- Home office support
- Team Bonding: As a distributed team, being able to build meaningful bonds both virtually and in person is incredibly important to us! We are constantly evaluating how we accomplish this and currently, teams are given opportunities to gather in person throughout the year.
The starting base salary for this role in New York, California, and Washington is between $118,000-$140,000 + target equity + benefits. The base salary offered is dependent upon many factors including skills, experience, location, and education. The base pay range is subject to change and may be modified in the future.
Additionally, this role is currently eligible to participate in GlossGenius’s equity plan as well as a range of health & wellbeing, retirement savings, and other benefits within our total rewards offering.
In order to enter the NY office or participate in any in-person events, all employees must show proof of vaccination against COVID-19. For those individuals who are unable to be vaccinated, GlossGenius will engage in an interactive process to determine a reasonable accommodation.
At GlossGenius, we celebrate our differences and are committed to creating a workplace where all employees feel supported and empowered to do their best work. We believe this benefits not only our employees but our product, customers, and community as well. GlossGenius is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer.