Manager, Data Engineering
GlossGenius is building an ecosystem enabling entrepreneurs to succeed. We empower small business owners to focus on being creators, not admins, by offering a range of business management tools including booking and scheduling, marketing, analytics, payment processing and much more.
Tens of thousands of small business owners have chosen to rely on GlossGenius every day to run their entire set of business operations. With its powerful, intuitive platform, GlossGenius is some part a fintech company, some part an SMB software company, while its vibrant, distinguished brand makes it some part a consumer company.
About The Role
As the Data Engineering Manager, you will lead a team of data engineers responsible for building and maintaining the foundational infrastructure of our data platform. This is a hands-on role with a small team, where you will have the opportunity to provide technical leadership and serve as the bridge between our Data and Product Engineering organizations.
You will report to the Head of Data and can work remotely from anywhere in Canada.
What you'll do
- Lead and grow a small team of Data Engineers, including career and performance management
- Partner with the Analytics Engineering team build and maintain the roadmap for our data stack and infrastructure
- Evolve our data stack as GlossGenius’ Engineering organization migrates from a monolith to a service-oriented architecture
- Facilitate the sharing of data from our warehouse for production and other commercial use cases
- Be a champion of data privacy and quality
What we’re looking for
- 5+ years of experience as a software engineer, data engineer, or other data-related role; at least 2 years of management experience
- Strong Python and SQL skills and knowledge of data modeling, ETL/ELT development principles, data warehousing concepts, and software engineering concepts
- Willingness to make build vs. buy decisions for critical pieces of our data infrastructure
- Experience managing a cloud data warehouse and a workload scheduling and orchestration framework, preferably Snowflake and Airflow
- Familiarity with the other technologies in our data stack (including Fivetran, Stitch, Segment, dbt, Looker and Hex) preferred
- Familiarity with languages and technologies used by our Engineering team (including Ruby, Kotlin, React, and React Native) preferred
- A demonstrated self-starter with strong communication and project management skills
Benefits & Perks
- Flexible PTO
- Competitive health & dental insurance options, with premiums covered by GG
- Generous, fully-paid parental leave policy
- Retirement Savings Plan
- Professional Development - employees receive a yearly stipend for approved learning and educational-related expenses
- Home office support
- Team Bonding opportunities - as a distributed team, being able to build meaningful bonds both virtually and in person is incredibly important to us! We are constantly evaluating how we accomplish this and currently, teams are given opportunities to gather in person throughout the year
In order to enter the NY office or participate in any in-person events, all employees must show proof of vaccination against COVID-19. For those individuals who are unable to be vaccinated, GlossGenius will engage in an interactive process to determine a reasonable accommodation.
At GlossGenius, we celebrate our differences and are committed to creating a workplace where all employees feel supported and empowered to do their best work. We believe this benefits not only our employees but our product, customers, and community as well. GlossGenius is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer.