Senior Software Engineer, Web
GlossGenius is building an ecosystem enabling entrepreneurs to succeed. We empower small business owners to focus on being creators, not admins, by offering a range of business management tools including booking and scheduling, marketing, analytics, payment processing and much more.
Tens of thousands of small business owners have chosen to rely on GlossGenius every day to run their entire set of business operations. With its powerful, intuitive platform, GlossGenius is some part a fintech company, some part an SMB software company, while its vibrant, distinguished brand makes it some part a consumer company.
About the Role
As a Senior Software Engineer at GlossGenius, you are an experienced engineer who can own a large feature or project, scope it technically, break it down, and execute on it. You will collaborate closely with stakeholders and other engineers, as well as potentially lead a smaller pod of engineers. Our frontend engineers develop intuitive web applications using React and may also have an interest in learning and contributing cross platform with React Native.
Our web and mobile engineers at GlossGenius are building a platform that empowers over tens of thousands Service Professionals to run their businesses. We have a mobile product that our customers love (4.8 in the App Store!) with plans on rapidly expanding on our web experiences, from enabling them to view calendars, see upcoming appointments, process payments, and create waitlists to creating seamless integrations between our mobile applications and our Chief Money Maker Hardware (our own POS) as well as being one of the first apps to integrate with Tap-To-Pay NFC Cards, our products empower our users to build their businesses.
This role can be based remotely anywhere in Canada.
What You’ll Do
- Own projects end to end, from design to implementation, managing complexity and working with stakeholders to think through areas such as business impact, reliability, operability, and security.
- Collaborate with product managers, product design, or other cross-functional stakeholders on roadmap initiatives, product ideation, and prioritization. Break down epics and projects to consumable size for the team and continuous deployment.
- Produce high-quality code that’s easily testable, readable, and accounts for edge cases and errors.
- Architect tools, services, and systems using well accepted design patterns to allow for iterative autonomous development and future scaling.
- Uphold best practices and high standards for engineering and product quality in addition to mentoring newer team members to do the same.
What We’re Looking For
- 5+ years of experience in software engineering
- You have experience leading and owning end-to-end product development and impactful technology initiatives for organizations; you’re able to break down work into manageable tasks for a team and partner with operational teams to roll out changes that affect their workflow
- You have experience working with React or relevant web technologies.
- You have experience working in a collaborative environment involving different functions, stakeholders, and subject matter experts
- You have a desire to work in a fast paced environment, a bias for action, a passion for self-improvement, and helping to elevate and mentor those around you
- Proficiency in both spoken and written English
What we work with:
- Mobile: React Native
- Backend: Ruby (Rails, Sidekiq), Kotlin (micronaut, jooq), GRPC, Protobuf, and Postgres
Benefits & Perks
- Flexible PTO
- Competitive health & dental insurance options, with premiums covered by GG
- Generous, fully-paid parental leave policy
- Retirement Savings Plan
- Professional Development - employees receive a yearly stipend for approved learning and educational-related expenses
- Home office support
- Team Bonding opportunities - as a distributed team, being able to build meaningful bonds both virtually and in person is incredibly important to us! We are constantly evaluating how we accomplish this and currently, teams are given opportunities to gather in person throughout the year
In order to enter the NY office or participate in any in-person events, all employees must show proof of vaccination against COVID-19. For those individuals who are unable to be vaccinated, GlossGenius will engage in an interactive process to determine a reasonable accommodation.
At GlossGenius, we celebrate our differences and are committed to creating a workplace where all employees feel supported and empowered to do their best work. We believe this benefits not only our employees but our product, customers, and community as well. GlossGenius is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer.