General Ledger Accountant
Reimagining the future of education with us
Are you passionate about disrupting the future of education and to make a real impact? Do you want a career in an edtech company that is innovative and rewarding? Join us and enjoy working alongside an international team of talented thinkers, doers and magic makers.
We reimagine learning by enabling every student in the world to unlock their full potential through affordable and inspiring lessons from quality tutors chosen to fit their individual needs. To make our mission reality, we are on the lookout for those adventurous and hungry to join our mission!
- Daily accounting tasks for HQ entity based in Austria in Oracle Netsuite ERP
- Manage daily bookings of incoming invoices: recording, coding, matching with PO in Medius and payment run
- Accounting for daily bank, credit card transactions and employee´s expenses
- Processing automated payment runs and manual payments
- Daily communication and support to other departments (ad hoc payment confirmations, reminders, clarifications)
- Administrator of Accounting mailbox (collection of AP invoices, supplier communication, in house communication)
- Support with month-end closing tasks such as assets accounting, accruals, deferred expenses etc.
- Participation in monthly, quarterly and annual closings
- Monthly reconciliation and reviewing of selected assigned accounts
- Support with implementation of new systems, policies and focus on continuous improvement
- Assisting with audit of financial statements
- Reporting to General Ledger Accounting Team Lead based in Austria
Who you are:
- 3+ years’ experience in Accounting, knowledge of Austrian accounting standards is an advantage
- Secondary Degree in Finance/Business/Accounting, HAK und/or WIFI certificate or similar
- Experience with full monthly closing process
- Strong knowledge of MS-Office and experience with Netsuite, Medius or other ERP is a plus
- English proficiency required (German knowledge an advantage)
- Independent, reliable and dynamic working style
- Team player, who enjoys working with numbers
Why Join Us?
Do you want to reimagine education together with us and join a mission to believe in? Do you want to unlock your creativity and advance your career by mastering exciting challenges together with an international, driven team? We believe in multiple choice answers and give you the flexibility to decide how and where you work best. We are here to support your goals and to discover how far we can reach by growing smarter and stronger together. You’ll play a pivotal role within a diverse and passionate team, unlocking each other’s full potential. If this sounds good to you, then join us now and unlock your full potential.
Learn more here: www.gostudent.org/team-and-career
Please update your CV/Resume in PDF format.