Risk & Payments Associate, iGaming
Jackpocket is the first mobile lottery app in the U.S. that offers players a secure way to order official state lottery tickets, such as Powerball, Mega Millions, and more, via their smartphones. We're creating a more convenient, fun, and responsible way to play the lottery by modernizing the $300B global lottery market with a mobile platform that everyone, including grandma, can feel good about.
As a Risk and Payments Associate, you will work closely with risk leadership and customer support teams to proactively manage and mitigate risk as well as investigate and remediate day to day issues as they arise. The ideal candidate will be able to operate tactically to resolve issues as well as think strategically to help establish frameworks and best practices for the risk and fraud function as the business continues to grow and scale rapidly.
- Review and verify patron identities and documentation
- Liaise with players on account and payments related issues, resolving problems and ensuring high levels of customer care
- Review and process withdrawal requests, process and reconcile chargebacks, monitor deposit trends, credit missing deposits, and continually analyze customer deposits and account categories to prevent fraud and correct errors and resolve issues
- Perform customer check ins as needed from sign up throughout the customer lifecycle
- Investigate financial irregularities on accounts and risk issues related to third party processors
- Analyze, track, and monitor various fraud patterns and report any critical observations to the Team Leader
- Report incidents, bugs, and malfunctions affecting both external and internal processes to the Team Leader
- Liaise with other teams and departments to resolve issues and to ensure fast and efficient first time resolution (FTR)
- Handle escalations and follow up on issues with customers and/or agents
- 1+ year of professional experience in igaming, ideally within risk and fraud
- Availability to periodically work outside normal business hours and/or weekends
- Good communication skills both verbal and written and ability to deliver feedback effectively and empathetically
- Ability to perform and deliver amid ambiguity in a deadline driven environment
- Analytical mindset with strong problem solving skills
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent preferred
- Medical insurance covered up to 100% by Jackpocket
- Dental & vision insurance
- 401(k) matching
- Stock options
- Commuter benefits and Citi Bike membership
- Discounted gym membership
- Catered meals and stocked kitchen
- Flexible working hours
- Autonomy and upward mobility
The annual base compensation range for this role is $65,000 - $75,000
This is a full-time exempt position and is not eligible for overtime under FLSA requirements. We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Jackpocket is committed to providing access, equal opportunity, and reasonable accommodation for individuals with disabilities in employment, its services, programs, and activities. To request a reasonable accommodation, contact email@example.com.
Something looks off?