Senior Fullstack Engineer
Boston, MA, USA
Posted on Friday, September 23, 2022
At JockMKT (pronounced “Jock Market”), we are building the second-screen experience for live sports with a social, interactive daily fantasy sports (DFS) marketplace where users buy and sell shares of players in real-time with real money. With all shares based on guaranteed payouts, JockMKT has rapidly grown transaction volume and processes millions of dollars of user trades each month.
Since launching in 2020, JockMKT has expanded gameplay from support for the PGA and NFL to the NBA, MLB, NHL, and NASCAR, and released innovative new products for our customers across our mobile apps, web platform, and open REST and WebSocket-based API. Headquartered in Boston, we embrace workplace flexibility with a hybrid work model and hire remotely across US time zones.
As a small team, we’re constantly pushing ourselves to solve new problems. We primarily develop with Typescript with our type system at the heart of our code base, utilizing Go and Python in specific trading contexts. We are self-starters who are always interested in learning ‘why’ as we encounter new challenges.
What You'll Do
- Work with our product and engineering team to develop new user-facing features across our mobile apps and web platform
- Build reusable components and business logic that drives core user experience
- Optimize real-time data streaming across our platform and clients
- Diagnose and implement performance improvements for our database and caching layers
- Optimize real-time data streaming and state management, proactively diagnosing potential issues and implementing performance improvements
- Monitor application performance and critical infrastructure through monitoring and alerting
- Scale the service to support significant user growth
Who You Are
- Experience working with a major database system (Postgres, MySQL, Mongo, Redis, Dynamo)
- Experience working with complex front-end requirements, data flow, and state management
- Professional experience owning a software development process that included shipping a complicated piece of software to real users
- Detail-oriented, highly organized, and a strong desire to learn and help teammates.
- Proprietary exchange/match engine and order system
- Node, Postgres, and Redis backend with some Go & Python microservices
- REST and Websocket APIs with a full type system
- Public trading API
- React/Next.js and React Native front ends with hooks
- Redux, Redux Toolkit and RTKQuery for state storage and data fetching
- Deployed with AWS ECS & Vercel
- Github, Slack, Notion, Datadog
What We Offer You
- Interesting work at the intersection of finance and sports
- Competitive salary and stock options
- Health, dental and vision insurance
- Flexible Paid Time Off (Suggested 4 weeks)
- Team events and internal contests with our product
- Home office stipend
- Commuter Benefits
We value diversity at Jock MKT and believe the unique contributions each of us drives our success. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Note: We are unable to sponsor work visas at this time.
See more open positions at Jock MKT
Something looks off?