VP of Growth & Marketing
Left Lane is a leading global venture capital and growth equity firm investing in high-growth internet and consumer technology companies that are fundamental to the lives of customers. The foundation of Left Lane’s strategy is built on four pillars: specialization in internet-first businesses, proprietary sourcing at every level, deep data rigor and best practices, and a genuine philosophy around partnering with founders.
Across our network and portfolio, our mission is to help support and scale category-defining companies that support long-term customer relationships. Current investments include Jackpocket, Masterworks, Choco, GoStudent, Masterworks, M1 Finance, Tovala, FightCamp, Wayflyer, Tapcart, and more.
Role and Responsibilities
Left Lane is doubling down on its focus and specialization in the consumer & internet growth spaces by building a world class operational team to help select and partner with the next generation of category defining digital businesses.
Reporting directly to the Managing Partners, the VP of Growth & Marketing will build Left Lane’s platform of knowledge and expertise in all areas around marketing.
Prior to an investment, they will lead evaluation of companies’ marketing capabilities and identify growth opportunities for companies going forward. After investment, they will work with management teams along their growth journeys, relying on their own expertise as well as developing resources, networks of experts, and other sources of knowledge and value to bring to bear for the Left Lane portfolio.
As a key part of firm leadership, the VP of Growth and Marketing will:
• Mentor and directly advise management teams across the portfolio as they scale
• Concept, launch, and continually test programs and resources to help accelerate the growth journey of portfolio companies
• Build the hub of marketing expertise at Left Lane across the consumer- and SMB-facing technology world, developing a large and purposeful global network of leaders to stay on frontier of marketing knowledge.
• Develop data-driven frameworks for evaluating marketing organization maturity, identify further growth opportunities, and measure readiness for potential investments to scale
• 10+ years of senior leadership experience, ideally as head of marketing/CMO at a rapidly growing consumer-facing brand that has employed heavy direct-to-consumer digital engagement and commerce
• Proven success as a manager, leader, and coach/mentor
• Experience operating and leading a marketing organization where the business is generating $50M+ in revenue and growing quickly
• Highly analytical: able to make data-drive decisions and establish effective metrics to approach marketing strategy and spend
• Strong network within the consumer technology and marketing ecosystems
• Deep knowledge of how to use digital channels and tools to build a brand
• Both tactical and strategically minded. This person should be able to operate in the weeds, but also be a strategic leader