Technical Investment Associate
Left Lane Capital is a global venture capital firm focused on high growth consumer tech and internet companies. We lead or co-lead Series A-C deals with checks from $5-75M and recently raised a $1.4B Fund 2.
Across our network and portfolio, our mission is to help support and scale category-defining companies that support long-term customer relationships. Current investments include Jackpocket, Masterworks, Choco, GoStudent, M1 Finance, Blank Street, FightCamp, Wayflyer, Tapcart, and more.
We are looking to add a Technical Investment Associate to the team. Primary responsibilities would include researching, sourcing, and analyzing investment opportunities for Left Lane. This person will also bring technical skillsets (dataset analysis, API development, quantitative finance experience, etc.) to the team and help build out tooling, data analysis, dataset origination, and other development workflows within the firm.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your profile and the following materials:
- Email subject: Left Lane Technical Investment Role [YOUR NAME]
- Resume / CV
- Portfolio of work including past projects and applicable work showcasing technical skillset
- Example of datasets you would leverage to surface investment opportunities
- 3-5 companies you think Left Lane should invest in and why
Roles and Responsibilities
- Source, contact, and diligence investment opportunities and work with the entire Left Lane investment team to partner with world-class founders and companies
- Lead investment processes from outreach to closing
- Leverage your experience and surface unique investment opportunities globally within the consumer, prosumer, corporate consumer, or SMB industries
- Build out automated sourcing tooling by leveraging public and proprietary datasets and their APIs (website traffic, app traffic, government data, and other structured / unstructured datasets) in order to surface high-growth investment opportunities
- Build web-scraping tools to better understand markets, competitors, and growth across companies and industries
- Build data analysis toolsets within the Left Lane workflow environments by leveraging existing analytics tools (Alteryx, Tableau, etc) or creating your own with R, Python, SQL, etc.
- Research and test new data sources for the fund to utilize across sourcing, data analysis, and market research (data providers, survey providers, expert networks, etc.)
- 2-4+ years of technical experience (professional or academic) in a high-growth, fast paced environment including quantitative finance, product management, business intelligence, etc.
- Expertise in large dataset analysis of hundreds of millions to billions of structured and unstructured datapoints
- Experience with working with various APIs (REST, SOAP, etc.) such as SimilarWeb, Apptopia, Yodlee, Second Measure, etc.
- Experience with building automation tooling for repetitive workflows within organizations including data ingestion, data aggregation / benchmarking, data presentation, etc.
- Individual drive to build and own projects, workflows, and assets within an organization
- Deep knowledge of the consumer / SMB start-up ecosystem
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong business judgement, network, analytical acumen, and willingness to work in a very high-paced environment