Compliance Oversight Manager
We’re on a mission to help people better access and afford care.
Every day, millions of people, and their loved ones, need to see a doctor. For most of us, that moment is an uncertain one - we’re unsure of what’s wrong, who to go to, how long it’ll take to be seen, when we’ll feel better, and what it’ll cost.
Paytient partners with thoughtful employers and health plans who understand the impact of that moment and want to ensure that every one of their plan members are easily able to access and afford care. Our clients understand that an improved ability to self-pay for care changes patient behavior and creates value for the health plan. This founding belief is becoming an emerging standard of care in health plan design and is now, in fact, a mandatory capability in some governmental health plans. Founded in 2018, Paytient is now part of nearly 2,000 employer health plans and providing certainty that people are better able to access and afford care.
About The Role:
Paytient is looking for a Compliance Oversight Manager to join our growing organization. This position will be responsible for performing second-line compliance monitoring and testing activities, as well as supporting other second-line compliance oversight activities. The Compliance Oversight Manager will assist with updating and performing compliance risk assessments, and coordinating and managing external audits and reviews. The position reports to the Head of Compliance.
What You'll Do:
- Work with the Head of Compliance to identify and oversee regulatory, compliance and conduct risks, and design and implement appropriate controls to mitigate these risks for the entity.
- Develop controls and leverage data to develop reporting.
- Execute and report on compliance testing for lending products according to the approved monitoring and testing schedule.
- Perform Risk assessments and compliance gap analysis, document and maintain controls in GRC software.
- Monitor and report on the completion of action plans for issues identified in monitoring activities.
- Maintain proficient knowledge of consumer protection rules and regulations and their impact on products, services, and operations for a variety of deposit and credit products.
- Assist in responding to external compliance audits and reviews.
- Maintain proficient knowledge of consumer protection rules and regulations and their impact on products, services, and operations for a variety of credit products.
What You'll Bring:
- Experience performing compliance audits and transactional testing, and drafting reports.
- Experience developing and conducting regulatory mapping, controls assessments and/or risk assessments.
- 2-4 years combined experience in Bank Consumer Regulatory Compliance, Audit, or Risk Management.
- Experience with US consumer credit regulations, including, but not limited to, Credit CARD Act, UDAAP, ECOA, TILA, FCRA, FDCPA, MLA and SCRA.
- Experience across fintech, Banking as a Service, and traditional financial institutions, or equivalent consulting experience.
- Proven expertise with consumer protection regulations and laws and the internal controls needed to mitigate those risks.
- Strong understanding of the interplay between compliance risk and business risk.
- Experience in lending regulations required.
- BA/BS or equivalent experience preferred.
- SQL query/Looker dashboard and visualization-building experience a plus.
- Data analysis experience with strong Excel skills preferred.
Benefits We Offer:
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
- $4,150 annual HSA contribution
- Paytient Health Payment Account (HPA)
- Monthly lifestyle spending stipend
- 33 days of annual PTO
- 401k plan access with a 4% employer match
- 16 weeks of fully-paid parental leave
- Stock options in Paytient
- ...and more!
Paytient is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.