We’re on a mission to help people better access and afford care.
Every day, millions of people, and their loved ones, need to see a doctor. For most of us, that moment is an uncertain one - we’re unsure of what’s wrong, who to go to, how long it’ll take to be seen, when we’ll feel better, and what it’ll cost.
Paytient partners with thoughtful employers and health plans who understand the impact of that moment and want to ensure that every one of their plan members are easily able to access and afford care. Our clients understand that an improved ability to self-pay for care changes patient behavior and creates value for the health plan. This founding belief is becoming an emerging standard of care in health plan design and is now, in fact, a mandatory capability in some governmental health plans. Founded in 2018, Paytient is now part of nearly 2,000 employer health plans and providing certainty that people are better able to access and afford care.
About The Role:
Paytient is searching for an experienced Financial Planning & Analysis (FP&A) Manager. In this role, you will oversee and manage all aspects of forecasting and financial modeling, annual budget planning, regular budget analysis, and reporting. Our ideal candidate is proactive and collaborative in the financial planning processes, and can confidently present results to stakeholders across the organization.
This position will work out of our office in Columbia, MO.
What You'll Do:
- Partner and support stakeholders and executive leaders with annual budget planning, regular budget analysis, financial modeling, and support with expense management and headcount planning
- Provide budget variance reconciliations and track key operational and financial metrics, creating and implementing recommendations with respective stakeholders
- Drive growth and operational improvements across the company, identifying opportunities for improvement and efficiency
- Partner with People Operations on headcount and compensation planning processes
- Maintain the operating model for the business and provide revenue, expense and balance sheet projections
- Perform advanced excel analytics and reporting on financial and business metrics
- Design business analysis and data recording systems for use throughout the company
- Maintain analytical files and perform updates as necessary to ensure accuracy and relevance
- Track data to identify changes in financial and business trends
What You'll Bring:
- Bachelor's degree in Finance, Economics or other quantitative field
- 5+ years of experience in FP&A
- Experience with complex financial forecasting (preferably at a startup)
- Expert in Microsoft Excel
- Analytical skills that allow for the development of data-driven reports
- Demonstrated ability to manage time and prioritize projects to meet deadlines
- Strong written and verbal communication skills to effectively relate data to coworkers
- Excellent critical thinking skills to help solve business problems and make decisions
- Strong focus on attention to details that could impact results
- General knowledge of accounting, business operations, objectives, strategies, processes, and information flow
Benefits We Offer:
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
- $4,150 annual HSA contribution
- Paytient Health Payment Account (HPA)
- Monthly lifestyle spending stipend
- 33 days of annual PTO
- 401k plan access with a 4% employer match
- 16 weeks of fully-paid parental leave
- Stock options in Paytient
- ...and more!
Paytient is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.