Head of Data
Posted on Saturday, November 18, 2023
Tapcart is the ultimate mobile commerce platform fueling the fastest growing brands. We power mobile apps for over 50 million consumers worldwide; processing over $3 billion in mobile commerce revenue.
A majority of Ecommerce traffic is on a mobile device now; we turn these users into high retention growth for some of the largest brands, including Fashion Nova, Pier 1, Chubbies, Brandy Melville, and many more.
Tapcart is trusted by thousands of brands to power their mobile experience. Check out our buzz on TechCrunch, Shopify UNITE and in The Verge.
As the Head of Data at Tapcart you will lead our Data organization by ensuring that stakeholder needs are expediently met in the near-term and that our data is fully operationalized through self-service tools with complete and accurate reporting. You are a player/coach who will work with our Data Engineering team (who will report to the Engineering team) while you work in the business in the office of the COO to architect and deliver our next-generation business intelligence stack. You have a demonstrated track record with data warehousing, BI tools, and data visualization. You will be responsible for the day-to-day management of our Business Analysts, and the health of our BI systems.
As we continue to grow, this role offers the unique opportunity to join a team that will be at the center of Tapcart’s data strategy measuring Tapcart’s performance.
How you will make an impact
- Architect a modern BI system
- Enable team members to derive their own insights from our operational data through self-service tooling
- Mentor and grow the skills and careers of the Business Analyst(s), Data Solutions resources that report
- Creatively leverage external consulting, contracting and offshore resources to help during period of transition and/or special projects
- Exhibit excellent communication and collaboration skills
- Think strategically, see the big picture, and keep the team focused in a fast-paced startup environment
What skills you'll need
- Minimum of 5-7 years of experience in Data.
- Minimum 2-5 years of experience in Management.
- Proven experience delivering solutions with cloud data products such as BigQuery,BigTable.
- Experience with a variety of programming languages including SQL.
- Familiarity with BI visualization tools such as Tableau, Looker, and Metabase.
- Familiarity with compliance regulations like GDPR, CCPA, and experience in ensuring system compliance.
Bonus if you have
- Experience selling at a Shopify technology partner company
- Experience selling e-commerce solutions
- Experience selling solutions to the Marketing department
- Consumption / Usage Revenue Business Models
Tapcart Perks & Benefits
· 401K and stock options for all full-time employees
· Medical eligible first of the month
· Dental and Vision eligible immediately
· Unlimited PTO and 11 paid company holidays
· Brand new MacBook Pro and home office setup
· Frequent Happy Hours, Company-Wide Offsite Events
· A team that has transitioned to remote work impressively and remains highly collaborative, engaged, and connected.
· We pride ourselves on a team that promotes diversity, inclusion, leadership, mindfulness and passion.
Who is Tapcart!?
We are growing startup located in Santa Monica, CA 🏖. Our team and culture are very important to us – we aim to make coming to work fun, challenging and rewarding. We know that doing great work depends on showing up with creative solutions to face our challenges. It all starts with having good people, and helping them grow both personally and professionally. We can't wait to hear how your unique skills and personality will add to our company and culture.
Why join us?
We raised our Series B for $50M in June 2021: https://tcrn.ch/3dn2RiV
We raised our Series A for $10M in May 2020: builtinla.com/2020/05/19/tapcart-raises-10m-series-a-hiring
Check out what our customers are saying: https://apps.shopify.com/shopify-mobile-apps/reviews
Our current openings: https://tapcart.com/careers
Learn more about who we are and what we offer on our Careers page.