Posted on Saturday, February 11, 2023
Our mission is to empower eCommerce stores to unlock their full potential. Join us!
Wayflyer is revolutionising eCommerce by levelling the playing field for founders across the world. Our first product, the Merchant Cash Advance, solves a major pain point for brands: access to short-term finance to fund inventory and marketing spend.
Since launching in April 2020, we’ve deployed over $1.5bn in funding to 1,000’s of eCommerce founders across 10 countries.
We’ve helped companies like Wild, Dock & Bay and Branch take their businesses to the next level. Check out this video from Davie Fogherty, another one of our brilliant customers, giving a great explanation of what we do and how we helped The Oodie go from strength to strength.
We’re a fast-growing, venture-backed startup that serves a critical need for eCommerce entrepreneurs. You'll be joining an ambitious, collaborative team that's working on a huge opportunity.
We have a leadership position in a fast-growing and exciting market. We announced our Series B in February 2022 raising $150m in funding at $1.6bn valuation; backed by world-leading VCs including QED and DST Global.
Teams at Wayflyer are truly cross-functional. Regardless of your role at Wayflyer, you'll work with a variety of different disciplines and teams from around the world on a multitude of challenging projects and game-changing products to revolutionise the eCommerce landscape.
What you'll do
- Lead the core products in the Wayflyer ecosystem, while owning the development of Wayflyer’s pipeline of new products.
- Set the product strategy, objectives and key results, through execution and launches.
- Be an ally to our customers, working directly with them to understand how Wayflyer can support them becoming more successful.
- Own drive and closely collaborate with the Engineering and Design Teams to define the Product Roadmap, priorities, goals, and to estimate the resources needed for delivery.
- Proactively identify new areas of strategic value and devise approaches to tackle them.
- Scale the Product Management Team that includes defining the right skill sets and roles needed.
- Manage bottlenecks, provide escalation management, anticipate and make trade-offs, balance the business needs versus technical constraints, and maximise business benefit while building great customer experiences.
Knowledge, skills and experience
- Deep product development understanding, from engineering to design. You have built and launched products in the past and iterated to achieve product-market fit.
- Customer obsession: a proven ability to develop innovative product solutions that are grounded in a deep understanding of customer needs.
- Can showcase evidence of great user experience and creating elegant solutions for our customers problems.
- Scaling Product teams including hiring, organisation design and setting accountability.
- A track record for leading and managing large, diverse teams.
- Exceptional communication skills.
- 5+ years of work experience in a leadership role driving a B2B product, preferably with a renowned fast-growing startup.
- Ability to understand and discuss technical concepts, manage tradeoffs and evaluate opportunistic new ideas with internal and external partners.
- Proven ability to use a data driven approach to back up assumptions and drive actions.
What is important to point out is that you can do most or all of the above mentioned and can point to your real experience doing it. You’ve probably done it at companies of different shapes, sizes and industries. Given what we do, experience in financial services, fintech and business-to-business organisations is particularly interesting to us.
On top of that, you’re amazing at prioritisation. You make sure you’re not spread too thin while also giving teams the support they need. You spend your time on the things that make a positive difference. People get why you’ve chosen to say ‘yes’, ‘no’, or ‘not yet’, and are ok with it.
What you’re like as a person and how you treat people is a big deal for us. People love working with you. You’re helpful and generous with your time and knowledge. People love helping you back. People know where they stand with you.
You’re always looking to learn and grow, on a personal and professional level. And you’re always looking to help others learn and grow by sharing your own knowledge and experience.
You know why diversity, equality, inclusion and belonging matters, and speak up when we can do better.
What happens next
We’ll review and respond to every application we receive. If we’re interested in taking your application further, we will be in touch to find out more about you and what you’re looking for.
See more open positions at Wayflyer
Something looks off?