Strategy & Operations Manager
Posted on Thursday, March 30, 2023
Our mission is to empower eCommerce stores to unlock their full potential. Join us!
Wayflyer is revolutionising eCommerce by levelling the playing field for founders across the world. Our first product, the Merchant Cash Advance, solves a major pain point for brands: access to short-term finance to fund inventory and marketing spend.
Since launching in April 2020, we’ve deployed over $1.5bn in funding to 1,000’s of eCommerce founders across 10 countries.
We’ve helped companies like Wild, Dock & Bay and Branch take their businesses to the next level. Check out this video from Davie Fogherty, another one of our brilliant customers, giving a great explanation of what we do and how we helped The Oodie go from strength to strength.
We’re a fast-growing, venture-backed startup that serves a critical need for eCommerce entrepreneurs. You'll be joining an ambitious, collaborative team that's working on a huge opportunity.
We announced our Series B in February 2022 raising $150m in funding at $1.6bn valuation; backed by world-leading VCs including QED and DST Global.
Teams at Wayflyer are truly cross-functional. Regardless of your role at Wayflyer, you'll work with a variety of different disciplines and teams from around the world on a multitude of challenging projects and game-changing products to revolutionise the eCommerce landscape.
What you'll do
- Drive operational excellence: You'll identify, prioritise and solve problems, inefficiencies and opportunities in how teams work and collaborate. You'll aim to constantly improve processes and scale & automate the solutions.
- Cross-functional collaboration & project management: You'll drive cross-functional projects and engage with other teams such as underwriting, product & engineering, sales, legal and people globally to improve our efficiency and effectiveness. You'll coordinate and communicate strategy to align priorities across Wayflyer.
- Data analytics & problem solving: Use self-sourced data to define, understand and solve problems. Understand the root causes, propose solutions, derive insights, drive decisions, implement solutions and measure results based on KPIs you will contribute to set.
- Automate as much as you want (and you can): You will be empowered to scope, develop and launch clever automations that scale throughout the business. Choose your tool or language, we like them all!
Knowledge, skills and experience
- You have 3 to 5 years of relevant work experience - ideally at a fast-paced startup or scale-up.
- You're a first principle thinker: you enjoy distilling large scale issues throughout the organisation into simpler, digestible parts to solve.
- You're a strong communicator: You are able to negotiate and close deals with potential vendors. Concise and clear communication style is a must in this role.
- You're both commercial and quantitative: you enjoy diving deep into pointed projects involving different parts of the business.
- You're a do-er: You're independent and ambitious. You like getting things done and spotting problems before they exist.
- You have proven experience gathering, interpreting and presenting data and have the ability to translate quantitative findings into action plans.
- Hands-on experience with SQL is a must-have.
- Solid understanding of how CRM work with demonstrable experience of delivering successful change (both to process and technology) in complex environments.
- Previous experience collaborating with cross-functional teams across an organisation, gathering requirements to develop, and delivering custom instances and automations on Jira.
- Knowledge of Python a plus.
What is important to point out is that you can do most or all of the above mentioned and can point to your real experience doing it. You’ve probably done it at companies of different shapes, sizes and industries. Given what we do, experience in financial services, fintech and business-to-business organisations is particularly interesting to us.
On top of that, you’re amazing at prioritisation. You make sure you’re not spread too thin while also giving teams the support they need. You spend your time on the things that make a positive difference. People get why you’ve chosen to say ‘yes’, ‘no’, or ‘not yet’, and are ok with it.
What you’re like as a person and how you treat people is a big deal for us. People love working with you. You’re helpful and generous with your time and knowledge. People love helping you back. People know where they stand with you.
You’re always looking to learn and grow, on a personal and professional level. And you’re always looking to help others learn and grow by sharing your own knowledge and experience.
You know why diversity, equality, inclusion and belonging matters, and speak up when we can do better.
What happens next
We’ll review and respond to every application we receive. If we’re interested in taking your application further, we will be in touch to find out more about you and what you’re looking for.
What perks and benefits do we offer?
Generous paid leave + public holidays
Home working equipment
Supportive parent policies
Offices in Dublin, London, and Sydney
See more open positions at Wayflyer
Something looks off?