Posted on Saturday, April 22, 2023
Our mission is to empower eCommerce stores to unlock their full potential. Join us!
Wayflyer is revolutionising eCommerce by levelling the playing field for founders across the world. Our first product, the Merchant Cash Advance, solves a major pain point for brands: access to short-term finance to fund inventory and marketing spend.
Since launching in April 2020, we’ve deployed over $1.5bn in funding to 1,000’s of eCommerce founders across 10 countries.
We’ve helped companies like Wild, Dock & Bay and Branch take their businesses to the next level. Check out this video from Davie Fogherty, another one of our brilliant customers, giving a great explanation of what we do and how we helped The Oodie go from strength to strength.
We’re a fast-growing, venture-backed startup that serves a critical need for eCommerce entrepreneurs. You'll be joining an ambitious, collaborative team that's working on a huge opportunity.
We announced our Series B in February 2022 raising $150m in funding at $1.6bn valuation; backed by world-leading VCs including QED and DST Global.
Teams at Wayflyer are truly cross-functional. Regardless of your role at Wayflyer, you'll work with a variety of different disciplines and teams from around the world on a multitude of challenging projects and game-changing products to revolutionise the eCommerce landscape.
Portfolio management is a small team with a big impact across the organisation. We have the exciting remit to glean insights from our customer portfolio data and use these to inform decisions across the business.
What you'll do
- Analyse financial & non-financial information to gain an understanding of how some of the best eCommerce companies in the world work.
- Understand and quantify the risks that impact the Wayflyer portfolio.
- Understand the assets side of the Wayflyer balance sheet and report to senior management.
- Monitor performance of current customers in the portfolio and contribute to pricing strategy for new and existing products.
- Work with our analytics team to design tools that improve reporting quality and add insights.
- Develop a deep knowledge of industry trends and apply these to the portfolio strategy.
Knowledge, skills and experience
- You have a passion for startups and online businesses. These are our only customers.
- You have 4+ years of experience in finance role or a finance related role with a data focus.
- You have an interest in lending and credit risk and want to apply your knowledge to our novel portfolio.
- You are independent, ambitious and self-motivated.
What is important to point out is that you can do most or all of the above mentioned and can point to your real experience doing it. You’ve probably done it at companies of different shapes, sizes and industries. Given what we do, experience in financial services, fintech and business-to-business organisations is particularly interesting to us.
On top of that, you’re amazing at prioritisation. You make sure you’re not spread too thin while also giving teams the support they need. You spend your time on the things that make a positive difference. People get why you’ve chosen to say ‘yes’, ‘no’, or ‘not yet’, and are ok with it.
What you’re like as a person and how you treat people is a big deal for us. People love working with you. You’re helpful and generous with your time and knowledge. People love helping you back. People know where they stand with you.
You’re always looking to learn and grow, on a personal and professional level. And you’re always looking to help others learn and grow by sharing your own knowledge and experience.
You know why diversity, equality, inclusion and belonging matters, and speak up when we can do better.
What happens next
We’ll review and respond to every application we receive. If we’re interested in taking your application further, we will be in touch to find out more about you and what you’re looking for.
What perks and benefits do we offer?
Generous paid leave + public holidays
Home working equipment
Supportive parent policies